My Top 5 Freeware programs

(14 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by kavanj
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 832 times

kavanj
kavanj

1. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes, a 32 bit only application, it is worth having due to its fast scanning and general ease of use. Effective at detecting and removing trojans, results are as impressive for other types of malware.

2.CCleaner

CCleaner, scans for both junk files and registry errors. The registry cleaning component only handles that part of the registry visible to 32 bit applications and is quite mild. Additional features include cookie management, program removal, and secure file erasing.

3.Speccy

Speccy will give you detailed statistics on every piece of hardware in your computer. Including CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Graphics Cards, Hard Disks, Optical Drives, Audio support.

4.Recuva

Recuva, is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players.

5. Drop-box

Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, and client software.

Ps.Let me know in the Comments what you guys think or if you use other programs that does as good of a job.

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

Microsoft's new SkyDrive app is another good Cloud Service. Requires a Windows Live Account.

Superantispyware is another good spyware program.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Add

A neat screen snipping program tied to Screencast to upload the screen shots for emailing or use on line.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

This App will prevent the installation of spyware and other potentially harmful software.
http://www.javacoolsoftware.co.....aster.html

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

@Hermitt,
I read SpywareBlaster's description on the link you provided, but I'm still unclear of its purpose. What exactly does it do??

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

hArLtRoN, As it says, It will prevent the installation of spyware and other potentially unwanted software.
Multi-Angle Protection
•Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware and other potentially unwanted programs.
•Block spying / tracking via cookies.
•Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted or dangerous web sites.

No-Nonsense Security
SpywareBlaster can help keep your system secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web.
And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background.
It works alongside the programs you have to help secure your system.

That's all I know about it.

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

@hArLtRoN
Did you read the FAQ ???

Should answer your ?:):)..Plug holes etc LOL!!
Have used it since LH advised me ages an ages past...

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

@Hermitt,
Thanks! for clarification.

@Drizzle,
I did not see the FAQ. My question was answered after reading it. Thanks!

I'm probably going to install and try it out tomorrow!

Posted 1 year ago

bbno
bbno

wappwolf is a good addon to dropbox. It automates alot of things and such. You have to check it out i can't explain it. :P

Posted 1 year ago

Veegertx
Veegertx

Had to use Recuva earlier, messing around on command line with mkvmerge I deleted 30 videos at 27gb. Without doing anything else I Fire up Recuva and it put them back to diff drive. Thats a keeper

Format Factory is a FREE multifunctional media converter. http://www.pcfreetime.com/index.html

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

Format Factory works nice!

Shawn C.

Posted 1 year ago

corrinewill

CCleaner is quite useful to me, because my computer always get into a disordered situation.
Dropbox seems like a good one, want to have a try.
And I like RealPlayer, powerful media player.

Posted 1 year ago

Veegertx
Veegertx

RealPlayer? I haven't used that in years since started using VLC Media Player http://www.videolan.org/
guess that all depends on what files you have and are using but hard to beat VLC, another FREE top ware

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Macrium Reflect :)))
Haven't used or even installed malwarebytes and superantispyware since regularly imaging with Macrium.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!