The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

My PC is full of unnecessary files...

(23 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by jonyfred
  • Latest reply from jonyfred
  • Topic Viewed 1892 times

jonyfred

and I want a program that will automatically clean them every day. Is anyone knows such a program? Good, trustworthy, and Windows 7 compatible too.

thanks and cheers

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

What sort of unnecessary files...?

Posted 4 years ago

Wevenhuis

What do you mean by "...unnecessary files"?

Have you tried windows 7 diskcleanup (just type "clean" in the windows 7 search bar).

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

Please elaborate "unnecessary files".

Posted 4 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

If you mean programs put on your system by the manufacturer and they are limited time use or demo's, THIS program will be useful for you. If the files are just ones you don't want anymore, use the ADD/DELETE function in the Control panel for programs.

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

edmenje
edmenje

You can run CCleaner in the background at startup:
Install CCleaner
Create an additional shortcut, right-click and select properties. Add the following parameters to the target field (without Quotes) "/S /AUTO" (space before the first slash and all caps)
Put the Shortcut in your startup folder and CCleaner will run in the background to clean up your temp and temp internet files each time you start up the computer and you still have the original shortcuts to enable you to run it normally when you want it for advanced features like registry cleanup and autoruns management.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

I think we should wait for the OP to respond, before suggesting things.

Posted 4 years ago

Niks
Niks

exactly...

Posted 4 years ago

jonyfred

Sorry, guys.... I had a fracture, a foot fracture and I was in a hospital :( and that's why I didn't answer to your questions.

I want a cleaner, online privacy program to clean all my internet and computer garbage as old files, folders, tracks, cookies, temps, search history, cache, shredding also, that kind of things.

windows 7 disk cleanup doesn't support so many things to clean,

Posted 4 years ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Hi

Ccleaner should do it

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

And you should be able to set your browser to clear a lot of data on exit.

Posted 4 years ago

rottroot

I have Mil Shield, though .

It shows in its cleaning window what it cleans and it Really cleans all these tracks and stuff - searches, domains info, history, forms, pages, fragments, registry, archives, minidumps and dumps files, catalogs and logs... cookie, cache, index and temporary files too.

You can use browsers settings as well to clean the tracks and the unwanted files but they clean only some cookies and cache. Works pretty well on Win 7, do not worry.

Cheers ,

Posted 4 years ago

olibriuss

Hi, there are cleaners and Cleaners. I prefer Mil Shield, CCleaner as well....

The first one is just an amazing program that cleans many things on your computer/computers. It's paid, though but it's worth.
The second one is free but it doesn't support so many things to cleaning.
My computers run smooth, thanks to these two privacy guardians.

Posted 4 years ago

InterPC
InterPC

For the best free option that is compatible with Windows 7 go for CCleaner. Otherwise you may have to purchase one.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

i great cleaner and optimizer "although not free" is Ashampoo winoptimizer6, i use it and it works great.

Posted 4 years ago

soooooop

Advanced programs as Windows Washer or Mil Shield would help you. CCleaner does not own so much features than these programs do.

Posted 4 years ago

jonyfred

Hi, I've installed mil shield, ccleaner and webroot windows washer in my windows 7 system. A few days tests and i will post you the results. I know - ccleaner is free.

thanks again, :)

Posted 4 years ago

GlamorousDevil

Excellent Cleaner is mil shield. http://www.milincorporated.com....._shot2.jpg

Don't have to uninstall old version when updating to new one and you can clean many computers after all activity.

Their ShieldAgent command-line sub program can be run from all kinds of remote administration programs.

Posted 4 years ago

Lisamoody

I suggest CCleaner, I downloaded it and now ill never go without it. It isnt a trial either!!!

CCleaner!

xx

Posted 4 years ago

amkeew
amkeew

Ccleaner does a good job for me.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.