SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

My new website layout messes up when i preview it! But look great in dreamweaver

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by najkiie
  • Latest reply from najkiie
  • Topic Viewed 3556 times

najkiie
najkiie

what can i say? read the title... i dont know what to do, i made a new layout in PhotoShop CS3 and sliced it up and saved it as a website...

i have filled in some text and changed some things but and it looks great within dreamweaver... the problem is, when i open the site in firefox or internet explorer it just looks wierd! all the pictures and things are moved around on the site... here is a pic:

http://img186.imageshack.us/im.....urezo1.jpg

any ideas on how to fix this? -Nike

u can contact me at: (links removed)
OR just comment back here, i will check this page each day!

Edit by mod. Please do not use foul language.

Posted 6 years ago

snugglez64
snugglez64

it looks to me as like u using a table layout and not div..

wat u need 2 do is tile the stretch areas, and for a table layout, the slices dont look correct on the ends.. the left and right top and bottom corners need to be seperate aswell, also the background is sliced with the layout.. u need help.. if that doesnt work then i think u need jesus in ur life..

Posted 6 years ago

wallaceb
wallaceb

it is very common for sites made in Microsft Frontpage, or other web builders to not be coded properly. if the site is not coded properly, then different browsers will interpret the HTML code in different ways, and so, they will make the site look different.
if you want your site to always look the same, you need to make sure the site is coded in proper valid HTML or XHTML or some other language you decide to use.

the best way to do this is to code the site manually line by line.

Posted 6 years ago

najkiie
najkiie

actually i didnt really code the site myself! i just sliced it up using PhotoShop then i opened it in dreamweaver and added text. thats all
i didnt add any div tags or tables... but ill try anyways :D thnx

Posted 6 years ago

najkiie
najkiie

snugglez64, you were 100% right! when i saved the page in photoshop it saved it as 1 big table, with alot of div tags in it with the pictures.

When i added the text i probably stuffed something up, couse now i remade the site and uploaded it and now it works great. I havnt added the text and stuff yet but when/if you visit the site i might have!

http://www.blubbz.com/mac/

Thanks alot guys :D

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

You might want to fix the path of the images... they are all pointing at your desktop files, so nobody else can view it.

Posted 6 years ago

najkiie
najkiie

yes i know, im having huge problems with that now! so i made a new post thread about it:

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....post-44826

pleaxse check it out, it i cant fix it i cant finish my website!

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.