The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - My Logitech speakers suddenly stopped working. Weird :S

(32 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by najkiie
  • Latest reply from krysia42
  • Topic Viewed 34165 times

najkiie

Hey, today just a few hours ago i was talking to a friend on Msn Messenger (writing, i had no microphone plugged in.) when my speakers suddenly just stopped working. The green little light loose so i know it still had/has power... I looked at the cables and everything is plugged in as it should. Then i looked on the computer, the system volume is on 100% and the mute is off, RealTek was running and everything seems to be fine.

What could have happened? Do you think they are broken or is it some kind of bug in the computer?

Thanks, -Nike

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve

Which logitech speakers?
How old are they, and are they used frequently? etc..

Desktop or laptop?

Posted 5 years ago

cas34

It could be your drivers. Have you tried updating them?

Posted 5 years ago

najkiie

I'm actually not 100% sure what speakers it is. I have 2 speakers and 1 subwoofer to it.

I got them for christmas so they are only a few weeks old. And yes, i use them every day.

I use a desktop computer with Windows XP Professional installed on it.

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve

These? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logite.....C054DDGEXB

Posted 5 years ago

Mike

have you tried another speaker to see if its a speaker problem or a computer problem?

Posted 5 years ago

Bartman

You might try this:

Play a CD, internet radio, etc., then click the volume icon and see if the green bar is moving. If it is then
if you have a portable device, CD player, etc., try plugging speakers into that and see what happens.

If the speakers still don't work, there is likely a problem with the speakers. In which case, I would return
them to where they were purchased, if possible.

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve

Try loggin off
Also make sure that default playback device is correct = play around with that

Posted 5 years ago

najkiie

@Aleeve, how the hell did you find that? Yea those are the one i got.

@Mike, i'm at my fathers house now, i only have 1 speaker 'set'.

@Bartman, I clicked the little volume icon in the tasktray and it brought up my volume options. There is no green bar moving. Thats only on vista isnt it? I remember that, i don't have it anymore tho, got really sick of it.

Image:
Click Here

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve

najkiie
I'm a mind reader :P

Well, I have those and bought them in the last month, so thought it was worth asking just in case

Posted 5 years ago

najkiie

Aleeve, what a coincidence ^^

Have you ever had any problems with them?

Posted 5 years ago

Bartman

If memory serves, in XP when you click the icon it brings up a volume slider and the green bar moved up and
down while audio source is playing. My XPerience was limited, so I might be wrong, sorry.

Also, have you tried rebooting and/or updating drivers?

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve

Nope, but not had very long

Does your computer work with different speakers?

Posted 5 years ago

najkiie

Bartman, yes and no. If i click it once it brings up a small panel and a sound slider to higher/lower the volume. But there is no green bar moving up and down. :/

Ive tried rebooting and its still not working. And no i haven't, but i could give it a shot. Do you know which drivers to update? Because i have no idea o.O

Aleeve, i don't know. I only have 1 speaker set here. Otherwise i would have tried others...

Posted 5 years ago

Bartman

Realtek HD Audio

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve

Headphones work?

Posted 5 years ago

najkiie

Alright, i hope i did this right. I rightclicked on 'My Computer' > Manage > Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers

and in that list i rightclicked on 'Realtek High Definition Audio' > Update Drivers.

Then i followed the update wizard and it ended up asking me for an installation disk. I don't have one and i've never had, it usually comes with the OS doesn't it? And you can download it from their website right? But i don't have it on a disk. Is that really needed?

So, in other words - I didn't update it :(

Posted 5 years ago

Bartman

@ Aleeve

Nice thinking, I never thought of that.

Posted 5 years ago

najkiie

I just dried my sisters Headphones, no sound in them either.

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve

Can you find out what the playback devices are? Post a screenshot?
Go control panel -hardware - sound, and then see whats there. Sorry, only guessing with that, I'm on Vista

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.