SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - My Local Disk (C:) is Blood Red!!

(32 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by richmondreb
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 1665 times

whs
whs

Robin, this WinDirStat picture is insufficient. I need the whole thing like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The shadowstorage looks good. No problems there.

Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

@ whs,
Sorry, how's this??

Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

OOOOP's

Too big, right??

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

What is in this big blue area, click on it (try different places on it) and see in the upper pane. This area is not normal.

Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

Not sue about that. I get different readings. Do you want to see those??

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

It's OK. The first picture was fine. Just explore that big blue area.

Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

@ whs,
I'm getting different readings about zip files. I know I have some (containing pictures) but, never had this kind
if problem before. Please advise. Thanks

Robin

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Click on some different areas of the blue stuff. Then do the steps in my picture. Save (paste) the paths in a Wordpad. When you have a few, copy them all from the wordpad and paste them here.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

@ whs,

C:\Users\Robin\Desktop\TOSHIBA EXT\ROBIN-PC\Backup Set 2012-12-17 181642\Backup Files 2012-12-23 190058\Backup files 15.zip
C:\Users\Robin\Desktop\TOSHIBA EXT\ROBIN-PC\Backup Set 2012-12-17 181642\Backup Files 2012-12-30 193907\Backup files 12.zip
C:\Users\Robin\Desktop\TOSHIBA EXT\ROBIN-PC\Backup Set 2012-09-16 203911\Backup Files 2012-09-16 203911\Backup files 8.zip
C:\Users\Robin\Desktop\TOSHIBA EXT\ROBIN-PC\Backup Set 2012-11-27 214439\Backup Files 2012-12-02 162501\Backup files 6.zip

I think I know what the problem is. As you can see Toshiba EXT is listed each time. I tried to move something off the EXT onto my
desktop and when I did so, I noticed the entire thing downloading onto my desktop. Do you think if I just delete the desktop copy it
will get rid of the red????????? Please advise.

Thanks,
Robin

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Yeah, I would delete those backup sets - or move them to an external drive. The partition is only red because it has less than 10% free space. Once you removed those big files, you will be fine.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

richmondreb

@ whs,
BINGO!! I wish I had just deleted instead of moving it to my external drive cause next thing I know
"THAT'S BLOOD RED AS WELL AS THE (C:) DRIVE"! So, I spent about an hour deleting a sh*t load of
stuff off the External to get that straight and luckily so is the (C:) Drive.............
Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Robin

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

You are welcome. Any time. Yeah, that was a lot of stuff for an external drive to swallow.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.