(Solved) - My first build Please tell me what you think

(60 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by SkittlesTheCat2012
  • Latest reply from SkittlesTheCat2012
  • Topic Viewed 2999 times

raphoenix
raphoenix

Skittles,

The Corsair TX650M PSU is Good and has Excellent ratings by reviewers.

This will be an Excellent Build for your needs and budget !!!! :) :)

Did you get the 23" monitor too ??

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

no monitor having trouble getting parts to go in like mother board is being held by 4 or 5 screws instead of all 6 since it didnt line to well even when i tried bending to get them all to line up. that and the fan cable is to small to add a fan in the front. so ima have two at top and one in back shouldnt be to bad. but im confused a bit on where things r plugging in lol but its getting there taking my time 2 hours now haha

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Do NOT force anything that will not fit correctly in the Build !!!!!!

The MB is 12" x 8.6" and not the normal 12" x 9.6" so be CAREFUL when fitting up to the Stand-Offs and Case.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

i dont under stand some of these cables and manual sucks no pictures just wierd drawing like rly gimmie some pics in a manual grrrr.. like the wire coming outa psu i know where the cpu and the biggiest ones go but other random ones arnt even marked so do they go somewhere ?? or the wires coming from my case cant find anything to plugem in to lol like power led or reset led or one that says +5v D- D+ Ground .... sigh

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

i see a power fan 1 slot but no cable from psu does that matter ??

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

May need Slim Line Fans like these.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/.....6835185139

STOP !!!!

Let me download your manual and read it like you did yesterday.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

i stopped idk what all these cables r sigh have every thing but the cables in

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Skittles,

The Manual is Very Bad !!!!

Page 13 is the key.

Item 19 on Page 13 is where you plug your Case cables into.

Let me see if I find you a picture of how they go.

For right now do NOT plug in the Case wires and just use the Buttons on the motherboard to test with.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

um yeah see what happened was i found a pic in the booklet it cam with that showed me and now it works everything the fans all the lights and it shows video when i plug into moniter lol

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Page 35 in The Quick Installation Guide will show you where the case wires go.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

Quick question ok i got most cables but how do i connect my optical drive ??? i mean i have no cable that i can find to plug into it isnt it supposed to come with one O_O :(

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Is that the new Optical Drive you bought today ????

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

yes it is and i found the sata cable that i LOST lol was in bottom of box was going crazy for min ok so i do have one cable that i cant find on the pages u gave me it says 5v D+ D- ground on it and it comes from my case also there is a usb cable coming outa my case but no plug in on MOBO so idk bout that one but i dont need it anyways just curious about this last cable 5v D+ D- Ground

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Page 2 of Quick Installation Guide
Items 24, 25, 26 for USB Case

Page 13 of Manual
Items 24, 25, 26 For USB Case

Some pictures from another site.
http://www.frontx.com/cpx108_2.htm

5v D+ D- ground LEAVE ALONE FOR RIGHT NOW.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

ok thx :)

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

OK.

Do NOT power that machine up until you have checked (10) times that the wiring and connections are ALL ABSOLUTELY CORRECT according to ALL the documentation that came with the MB. :) :)

NO NO Guessing.

If you are not sure, just ask, alright ????

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

every thing looks to be correct i checked and checked lol would it turn on and work if it wasnt ?? hmmm loading windows now and it seems to be running fine all fans are working nothing over heating. cpu and mb running around 28c for mobo and 32c for cpu think i did it :)

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

only thing right now is im not sure what sata to use on mobo i mean i picked to but the instructions on manual was a bit confusing it seems to be working i didnt use the ones that it said wouldnt work

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

uh oh got a error when installing drivers wrong gpu config then it went away and said enable something when fixed. NVM i feel so stupid i forgot to load the disc for video card haha now im good :)

Posted 1 year ago

SkittlesTheCat2012

well off to bed wanna thank yall for all the help. played a few games on the highest setting and it works perfect no lag and GREAT fps no complants so far. :) hope it stays working lol

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!