The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - My computer won't display anything on a specific screen? :s

(10 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by DEvilgodspidER
  • Latest reply from DEvilgodspidER
  • Topic Viewed 532 times

DEvilgodspidER

I was getting an old pc back from a repair shop (I had completly forgotten about it xD) well, the computer is absolutely ok, but thing is, it wont connect to a specific monitor (1080x1920 LCD with PC In input) but when I connected it to an 4:3 1240p screen it worked PERFECT... Help?

Note: When I re-booted my computer back (on the 16:9 LCD) an image appeared, but was all fragmented and the image was covered with some green and blue squares, all this while it froze loading winXP... And before you think it's the monitors fault, it isn't. Both monitors work perfectly fine. (the 4:3 and the 16:9 one). And the 4:3 has been working wonders connected to the pc so far.

Hope anyone can help :(

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

see if theres a driver available for that monitor or for your video card / adapter.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

If you can not find a driver update as vistual recommends then try starting with the advanced boot mode options (F8 at bootup) and select enable low resolution video. That may get you started so you can at least see something and set the best resolution for your older video adapter. If you try a resolution and it effects the monitor weirdly, wait patiently 15 sec or so and it should revert back.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

forgot all about that xhi! +1

Posted 1 year ago

DEvilgodspidER

my monitor is an SANYO 15~inch (I think) 16:9 FULL HD monitor, where do I get that driver?
I know how to get one for my card, but not for a monitor :|

EDIT: My video card is at it's latest version, unless you can find something higher than this version:
Nvidia GeForce4 MX 4000 5.6.7.3. (i know, my video card sucks...)

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Go to the Sanyo web site.

Posted 1 year ago

DEvilgodspidER

All I get is some weird Panasonic energy stuff O,O

Posted 1 year ago

DEvilgodspidER

Nevermind, I got it working, it seems there was another VGA port and that was the one to the GeForce 4 MX 4000. Mine was connected to an on-board VGA xD
Anyway thank you anyway for trying to help me :)

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Easily done :)

Posted 1 year ago

DEvilgodspidER

I'm just happy I'm now at 1360x768 HD :D weird thing is 720p looks bad xD

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!