CD/DVD: Emprex 20x internal sata dual-layer DVD-/+ RW Drive

Hard Drive: Samsung spinpoint F 750gb serial ATA 1300 32mb buffer - HD753LJ

Monitor: Viewsonic VX1962 19" Widescreen LCD 1680x1050 resolution

Keyboard/mouse: Logitec cordless desktop EX 110

Speakers: any three piece set around $20

What do you think?

Posted 6 years ago

JonMCC33

Looks like a nice rig. You might be better off with a Radeon HD 4850 though for that price range. The Radeon HD 4850 outperforms even an 8800 GTX.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3341

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW

Skibum0900, welcome to the forum. What do you plan to do with this system? That makes a big difference to the comments I would make.

When you say "any", is that because you haven't decided yet? For example, not just any 2 GB DIMMs will run in that Intel motherboard which requires DDR3 DIMMs. DDR3 is very new and expensive and when you look for a 2x2GB kit, there aren't a lot of choices. What brand do you like? How much latency are you willing to put up with?

I agree with JonMCC33 that a GPU upgrade is in order. That Intel motherboard has built-in support for ATI CrossFireX, not SLI, if you should ever consider a dual GPU setup. I certainly wouldn't argue against a Radeon HD 4850.

Posted 6 years ago

whs

With such a nice system I would vote for a 22 inch screen - but not a Viewsonic. Rather an LG L227WT or a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW (both are cheaper than the comparable Viewsonic - and probably somewhat better). But if you want to go all out, get an EIZO FlexScan S2231WH.
I would also get a Wireless Keyboard with a scrollball. Beats the mouse any time.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.