• Latest reply from Bartman
  • Topic Viewed 6939 times

Aleeve
Aleeve

@jack nice one!

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i like it. it gets you ready for the day and you start off pumped up hehe its all based on opinion too and i like it and you don't have too and i'm fine with it ;)

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I didn't mind it at all. What did annoy me was the video. I like to watch musicians play (style, technique, etc)

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

I'd have to say the five who get the most play on my iPod are Happy Rhodes, Kate Bush, They Might Be Giants, Oingo Boingo, and Medwyn Goodall.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Well there you go go. Kate Bush and I used to drink in the same pub in W.Sussex. Nice girl

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

Well then, if you ever get back up there tell her I said Hi and have a drink on me!

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

This was about 30 years ago. I doubt she still lives in that village.

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom
Appletom

Isn't anybody here in their late 40's - a fan of 70's and 80's music?

I grew up on The Moody Blues, Yes, The Who, Rolling Stones, Doobie Brothers, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, Three Dog Night, Manfred Mann, The Babys, Bad Company, David Bowie, Genesis, The Grateful Dead, The Band, Nekter, Audience, Journey, Styx, Patty Smith, Foreigner, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Queen, U2, REM, Neil Diamond, The Clash*, The Cars, Mott The Hoople, Rod Stewart, Leonard Skynard, Marshall Tucker Band, Huey Lewis and the News, Jefferson Airplane/Starship, Chicago, Aerosmith, Bank Shot, ZZ Top, The Monkees, The Beach Boys, The Turtles, The Kinks, Bat Benatar, Tears For Fears, The Hooters, Rush, Elvis Costello, Cream, Little Feat, Van Halen, Billy Joel, The Police, Wham, Talking heads, Tubular Bells, The Cure, REO Speedwagon, INXS, Eurythmics, Elton John, Bob Segar, Pete Townsend, Culture Club, Thompson Twins, Men At Work, Pink Floyd, Tears For Fears, B-52's, Boston, Joan Jett, Squeeze, A-Ha, Blondie, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, UB40, Tom Waits, Tom Hyatt, Black Sabbath, Flock Of Seagulls, Mister Mister, Fine Young Cannibals, The Cult, ABC, 10,000 Maniacs, The Fixx, America, Electric Light Orchestra, Depeche Mode, Enya, Dan Fogelberg, The Kinks, Little River Band, Alan Parsons Project, Bruce Springsteen, Van Morrison, Supertramp, Blue Oyster Cult, Talking Heads, Simple Minds and on and on and on.

And here's a good music website I'll bet many have never heard of - Imeem.com. Users upload songs and create and share playlists. So when you look up a song you like, then check out the "related songs" and that users' playlist. There's a good chance that if someone has two or three songs you really like, they might just have a song you like but have never heard. I've added a few new songs to my all time favorite list this way.

WARNING - Immem.com can suck away time like nothing else on the internet.

* The Clash - you heavy and speed metal lovers owe your genre to these guys, check them out.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

You swallow a music dictionary or what?
I like a load of that stuff (but not all). And you missed out on good stuff like I.Q. and Pendragon

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom
Appletom

"Swallow a music dictionary" - LOL. No, I just took a pencil and paper over to my pile of CD's, then I went upstairs and looked through my records. I'll bet there are people on this forum who have never played a record.

I'll go check out I.Q. and Pendragon.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i do like a lot of those guys but i just don't listen to them that much.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

@AppleTom. with IQ. start out with "Tales from the Lush Attic"
and with Pendragon. If you come across the original recording of "The Black Knight" done by the BBC for the "Friday Rock Show" please let me know.
Edit. And if you find the 3rd recorded version. Brilliant

Posted 6 years ago

Appletom
Appletom

Lighthouse - I found "The Wrong Side of Weird" by I.Q. - very Genesis-like, I'm enjoying it very much. Not sure yet about Pendragon, I'll have to try some more of their songs.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Appletom, look at the post above you

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Regardin jacks video again (job for a cowboy) the music is excellent, but it does kinda annoy me that he screams ALL the way through, not just parts of it (like Bullet do) which i prefer
some actual singing along with the screaming is good

Posted 6 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

@Appletom:

You're not alone.

NICE list. Immem.com sounds interesting. I like .977 Classic Rock or any classic rock internet
station.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

@aleeve that is why it is called grindcore and not scream O

i like the screaming more than singing when it's super heavy and fast as a 3.0 ghz quad core :)

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

@Bartman. I don't know where you live, but have you heard the "Virgin Classic Rock" stn (it's UK but on internet). I'd be interested to know how it compares with others.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

yahoo music has a radio function i think

Posted 6 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

Lighthouse:

I'm in the U.S. (Ft Wayne, Indiana).
Will give that one a listen.

Edit: Listening now. Do you live in the U.K., if you
don't mind telling?

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!