The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

Music Software

(14 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Trigger
  • Latest reply from madmacs
  • Topic Viewed 1311 times

Trigger

Is there any kind of Lmewire style program for Ubuntu?

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

Lmewire ?

What are you trying to download?

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

You can install Limewire on Ubuntu, see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LimeWire

Posted 6 years ago

Trigger

Just trying to download some music. Nothing special. Also looking for some DVD ripping and burning software.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

well you don't need limewire for that for the dvd ripping and such you can just search google and you will get way better legal results and most is virus free which limewire is basiclly all viruses the last time i used it.

Posted 6 years ago

Trigger

I've found a limewire substitute. I'm just new to Linux and not sure how things are. I know you've got to have different software for different OSs.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

you can use transmission for ubuntu if thats not what you are already using

Posted 6 years ago

Trigger

Somewhere I found Frostwire. It's familiar similar to Limewire. Where can I find it best?

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

find what best? transmission? if so just look in the menu under the internet one and it should be in there but it is for torrents which are better than how limewire works anyways except that you can't just search for things in it but i you goto the sites that have torrents you can download them from there :)

i won't list any of the sites on here because they can host illegal things in them so you will have to search google if you would like to go that route.

Posted 6 years ago

torrid12001

download utorrent a small download then look for the moviesor music torrents beware the fakes

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r

@torrid utorrent doesn't really work well in linux naturally you have to run it through wine. and downloading movies and music can be illegal.

Posted 6 years ago

Trigger

It's okay guys I just wanted some music and something to copy DVDs and burn my own copy. Nothing major illegal just for private use. I found the FrostWire. Works like LimeWire but for Linux and is what I am used to operating.

Posted 6 years ago

fastbullet

"and downloading movies and music can be illegal."

And your point would be...?

The fact that I own a few guns must mean I'm getting ready to knock over a liquor store too, right? There are a few really sharp knives in my kitchen. I must be a mass murderer, huh?

Is the operative word here "can"?

Posted 6 years ago

madmacs

"and downloading movies and music can be illegal." I think Jack´s point was that this is NOT the forum to come to if one wants to know how to obtain illegal torrents!! Sure it´s turned into an international hobby No.1 but one can google it and find out somewhere else.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.