The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

multiple query search tool

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Sipul
  • Latest reply from Sipul
  • Topic Viewed 888 times

Sipul

I am our family's info finder. I can find what I am looking for most of the time. But my biggest problem is that I am often given a list of things to search for. Sad to say but a lot of my time is wasted just having to query one thing, then another, then another. Since none of query's are related, it is one at a time. I have looked all over for a multiple query search engine. And nothing I have found has come close to being useful. I am in need of a search engine that I can place unrelated query's and have it list like the first 25 for each query. A lot of the time its like trying to research 20 different papers at the same time. Anyone know of a program or app that works even halfway decent? If not then log this as most needed program. Google has already stated that it would beto much of a hassle at this time. But I really need multiple query box search engine.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

The only thing I can suggest is that you have multiple search boxes, each one with multiple different search engines to choose from. Not what you want I know. Anyone else?

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066

I don't understand why you would want to search for 25 things at once.
You can't possibly research 25 different subjects at once. I know about multitasking but that sounds insane.

Posted 6 years ago

Sipul

Picture 5 kids, 3 to 5 adults. All with different questions. Todays search ranged from electric motors and the difference between the two common styles. Motorcycle helmet styles, how to resurface hardwood floors, the different species and sub-species of the wolf, Judo rankings (and what one needs to know for each as well as the proper names for it.)Adobe photoshop information. As well as a few other odds and ends. And that was before work. Yes its a little insane. But hey so am I. I let them talk me into doing this stuff. I have to be nuts.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

Lighthouse's suggestion is possible in Firefox,

use either this, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4565
or this, http://www.oxymoronical.com/web/firefox/Thinger

Posted 6 years ago

Sipul

My thanks. I will give them a try.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.