The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

Multiple monitor background issue

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by crysisfreak
  • Latest reply from crysisfreak
  • Topic Viewed 657 times

crysisfreak

I am currently running Windows 8 in conjunction with a 3 monitor setup. For some reason, the background on all monitors shows up as the same and I cannot find the setting which will allow me to have a different background for each monitor (yes, I have a slideshow going). I was sure that I had this setting before, but something must have been changed because I do not have the "span" option in the picture position menu. Would this be because I recently re-installed by upgrading from Windows 7? Is there a way I can re-enable this without third party software? I currently do not have any third party software installed, nor have I installed it after doing a fresh install of Windows 8.
Thanks

Posted 1 year ago

Handthumb

What video card are you using? I am using the quadro 4000 which has it's own desktop settings. I found out the hard way that if you try to use windows settings and the video card settings at the same time, it makes all kinds of issues.

Posted 1 year ago

crysisfreak

This is on a new desktop build. I have a GTX 660. My desktop is not even 2 months old. I had the option before, but when I had to re install Windows 8, I lost the option.

Posted 1 year ago

afuhnk

Marked as Solved(?)

How did you fix the issue (I'm curious!)?

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

crysisfreak, have you look at this http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/arc.....itors.aspx

Posted 1 year ago

crysisfreak

afuhnk, I did not mark this as solved. The problem was not solved.
ronniesonora, I did see that, but it only tells me the features of Windows 8. I am actually missing one of these features. I am not an average user that does not know anything about computers. It was working at one time, but then I had to reinstall windows 8 and I lost the feature.
Maybe if I tried a system repair?

Posted 1 year ago

afuhnk

Someone removed the 'Solved' status because for a while it showed as 'Solved'

Posted 1 year ago

crysisfreak

I removed it because it was not solved.

Posted 1 year ago

crysisfreak

So, are there any thought besides doing a system repair to see if I can restore some of the original system files?

Posted 1 year ago

crysisfreak

I'll be trying a system repair probably this weekend. I'll see how that goes.

Posted 1 year ago

crysisfreak

It worked, but now the problem is back. I still have no clue what happened...

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.