The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 8

(Solved) - MULTIPLE LICENCING IN WINDOWS 8

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by suec1958
  • Latest reply from suec1958
  • Topic Viewed 412 times

suec1958

I guess I do not understand the multiple licencing in windows 8 pro. I have about 20 computer to apply it to, and do not want to purchase 20 disks

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Sorry, you need to purchase. Where/what is the problem?

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

So perhaps you need to look into Win8 Enterprise licensing? Not sure you can get that for 20 PCs...and each would have to already have a previous, legit, version of windows MS volume licensing?

Posted 1 year ago

suec1958

I was not talking about hijacking licences, I was talking about purchasing multiple licences. If I purchase separate licences for each computer, it is cheaper than buying a multiple licence, because of the quantity of computers. They used to have licences for like 10, 15, 20 etc… Now you have to have like 50 computers before its feasible to buy a multiple licence, for the in between amounts you are better off buying for each computer.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Get the correct answer From Microsoft here.
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/contact-us.aspx

FAQs Before you contact MS.
http://www.microsoft.com/licen.....aspx#tab=1

Posted 1 year ago

Fhirkin9
Fhirkin9

Or going with upgrade pricing if the PCs have existing licenses. You can do clean installs with upgrade media, as long as you are eligible for the upgrades. There are a few great threads on doing the clean installs on the forums here...the ultra-inexpensive upgrades may be limited to 10 PCs, but that can still save you a substantial amount. It is certainly a gap in pricing to leave small businesses in limbo like that!

Posted 1 year ago

suec1958

Thank you

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!