How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Multiple display

(12 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by onlyongabonga
  • Latest reply from onlyongabonga
  • Topic Viewed 554 times

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

Is there a way that a desktop PC single display can be seen on multple display? what needs to be done for getting same PC display on multiple screens.

Posted 1 year ago

Santo
Santo

If you install graphics card then you can get dual display from its ports. If you want more than two displays then you need to try ATI's Eyefinity technology. Using this you can connect upto 6 displays. Have a look at the AMD Technical Article.

If your computer does not have a graphics card and you want to install a new one, make sure to upgrade the power supply depending on the power supply requirement of the graphics card.

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

Do you want to extend your desktop, or mirror it, mirroring is easy, just connect up one of these

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

Owen123: Thanks for the help. I got the concept of mirroring but can you elaborate what and how Extending display will do.

My computer has builtin VGA and so far I tried a PCI Video card. What happening by installing it is I can only get display through that PCI card and not able to get display through my builtin VGA. I am using Windows 7 on my PC. Kindly advise.

Posted 1 year ago

Santo
Santo

When you install a PCI Video card the onboard video card is disabled by default. However certain motherboards do support enabling the onboard video card along with a video card. You need to check in the BIOS, if it has the option to enable both.

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

Ok tried BIOS to see where I can find option to enable onboard display. So I did find it an enabled it. But still I am getting display on only 1 screen. Any suggestions?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Does the video card only have one connection? Most video cards today have multiple connections. You need to attach both monitors to the video card. Then check Screen Resolution settings. (Right click desktop.)

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

The video card I am using has a VGA port, PS/2 port and a Audio jack port.

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

You will need a USB to vga kit; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pro.....d_i=468294

I can't be sure it will work, but the review and description, seem to suggest you could use it for extending your desktop.

Owen

Posted 1 year ago

Santo
Santo

Try connecting one monitor at a time to the video ports, ie: first connect the monitor with VGA cable to the onboard video card port and then connect the other monitor to the PCI Video card port..

Posted 1 year ago

djhull3917

you need to add more detail to your question---are you mirroring? Or do u want one application to be stretched across 2,3,4 monitors (obviously that would look horrible.) Or would you just like dual screen?

Posted 1 year ago

onlyongabonga
onlyongabonga

I like to mirror.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!