The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Multiple Digital Signatures in a Word 2007 Document

(1 post)
  • Started 3 years ago by lovemboth
  • Topic Viewed 841 times

PARTNER SPOTLIGHT

Recommended: Clean Your Mac the Easy Way with CleanMyMac 3

If you want to clean up your Mac the easy way, CleanMyMac is a great tool to get the job done easily, and it will even keep your computer clean automatically.

Unlike the competition, it also includes great tools like a Clean Uninstaller, to get rid of applications and clean up the junk that they leave behind. All with the click of a button.

Download CleanMyMac 3 for Free Today

Posted yesterday 
lovemboth

I created a Word document that has approximately 20 different digital signatures. I want to be able to either 1) email the document to one person, have them digitally sign it, email it back to me, and repeat the process for the next needed signature or 2) put the document on SharePoint and email the link to the users for them to sign it that way.

The problem I've run into with option 1 above is that the document becomes read-only when the person I've emailed the document to opens it and then they can't digitally sign it without first saving the document to their desktop, opening and signing it, saving it back to their desktop and then emailing it back to me. Seems like a very convoluted process.

I haven't tried option 2 yet but think I would have the same problem with the document opening as read-only.

The version of Word used is 2007.

Any help someone can lend would be greatly appreciated.

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.