Scott
Scott

http://economictimes.indiatime.....224521.cms

Via Neowin

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I'm getting FIOS tomorrow!

My brother said they are starting to roll out 100mb up/down FIOS soon... now that would be awesome!

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Um, yeah...if I we're you I'd watch the tech carefully ;)

http://consumerist.com/consume.....319480.php

We're jealous here in the boonies.

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Verizon salespeople are a pack of lying idiots... I had ordered 20mb up / 20mb down... which they assured me was going to happen. The tech gets to my house and the order he shows me says 20/5 instead.

He made a valiant effort to try and convince the pinheads to increase the speed, even asked if they could just temporarily do it so he could test, but they said I would have to call in and change the order tomorrow. The tech was very friendly and knowledgeable, so I got lucky there.

We'll see if they let me increase the speed after I yell at them tomorrow. At least the 20/5 is consistent, I've run a dozen tests throughout the day and always get the same speed.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

It has to be over a year since they've been rolling out FIOS, hopefully they resolve this with a switch and not another visit. If you have to escalate, we can get you executive email addresses :)

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I talked to them this morning, hopefully they are going to be able to do that today. Actually got a friendly person on the phone who said they needed to get something finalized on the order before changes could be made... bleh. In any case, I'm waiting for a callback.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

This comment pertains to the posting below: Unfortunately your company is not the only one that suffers from that "Lack of service" phenomenom. It seems to be the trend of the times. Calling any helpline in the US is a real challenge - first you have to wade thru an automated answering service forever and then you end up in India and can't understand the people (apart from the bad lines). If you get somebody in the US, you are lucky. I think they have a high turnaround of their staff and cannot keep up training them - besides they probably do not pay enough to attract intelligent people. The only 2 companies I found to have good telephone and internet service are Gateway and Norton. On the other side of the spectrum is HP - real morons.

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Comment by mod. This post was sent in by one of our regular, trusted members. He wishes to remain anonymous, and quite rightly so in my opinion.

Dude, I have 20/5 and i love it. Anyway, that's not why i was responding. I work for Verizon and so does my wife. The customer service and billing reps are a joke. They never have a clue about what they are doing. It's always we'll call you back and they never do. I've been trying to get my employee discount for over 8 months and no one can get it done yet. Also, they billed me $29.99 for installation or activation or something when they weren't supposed to. I called and the young lady took care of it. however, i just got a new bill and they are trying to bill me for it again. I was on the phone with them the other day and the girl said, "ok, i got that credit on their for you". So i asked her how much the bill should be and she gave me the original total. I said that can't be right and then she was like "that's weird, the system didn't take the credit". The truth is that most of them are not trained very well and have no clue what they are doing. My wife is a personal account manager and dealing with them is like pulling teeth. They can never get anything done that she asks them to. I was telling the young lady the other day that i feel sorry for customers, if I'm an employee and i have to call them every month....what must the customers be going through? Watch your bill closely every month.

The service is Awesome. No doubt about that. just pray you never have to call them for anything. Will you be using the craptiontec router or will you be using your own? I use a Buffalo WHR-G54S with tomato firmware. That craptiontec does not do the fios service any justice.

P.S. - maybe you can change this post to an anonymous poster after you read it or just delete it. Thanks.

Posted 5 years ago

quahog
quahog

Ya, I hate calling a big comanies tech support line cause you cant understand the people, and when its all done, you end up where you started because as soon as you get off the phone, the thing you thought you just got changed didnt realy happen at all. Kinda like having a dream and then waking up.

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Just like the anonymous verizon guy said... I never got a callback.

So, I called and requested the upgraded speed. After a long wait, they finally said that they put in the order and my service would be upgraded within a few hours.

It's not. So I'll call again tomorrow.

Posted 5 years ago

Bartman
Bartman

Geek:

You might try calling your local Verizon office if you have one.
I have never had much success with the customer service number
1-888-553-1555.
The local office people seem to be more knowledgeable and helpful.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

man mine is so slow compared to that i only have like 1mb sometimes lol. :)

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

i can't i live way out of town so it's the best that i can get out here :)

Posted 5 years ago

Antman
Antman

20 down 5 up is awesome compared to mine. I'm in the UK and there is only one fibre optic provider, which is Virgin Media. I get 20 down and just under 1 up. It's a total joke, and they told me that there is no way they can give me a better upload speed. Gah!

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Have they resolved your issues yet?

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I've actually not had time to call them back... they told me there was some issue with the account because I'd just opened it, so I would have to call back in 48-72 hours.

I'm just way too busy the last few days... then my sister wrecked her car last night (she's fine)

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Ouch! Glad she's ok.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

wow that is a wrecked car for sure and glad she's ok

Posted 5 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

OH, MAN!Hope that hole in the glass wasn't caused by someones head!She's lucky!

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

No, the glass was caused cause she ran into a sign, which then smashed into the window... if it had been a few inches lower it would have gone straight through the glass and chopped her head off, but it hit the top of the car frame.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!