The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

MSNBC for Android Honeycomb

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Gemini
  • Latest reply from Gemini
  • Topic Viewed 572 times

Gemini

I made the mistake of purchasing a Sony nsz-gs7 and among its other drawbacks is the fact that Chrome is apparently the only compatible web browser. As per other posts on the topic, the flash plugin hangs in Chrome. Unlike other posts, though, the nsz-gs7 does not allow access to the plugins; i.e., typing 'about:plugins' in the address bar yields nothing. SONY 'Technical Support' was of no help whatsoever (and tried to fob me off with nonsense talk) when I asked for the technique required to get to the plugins. As per advice given to others with this problem in this forum, where you can type 'about:plugins' in the address bar with Windows Chrome, it's not possible on the Android Honeycomb OS installed on the nsz-gs7. Is anyone able to explain, please, how the flash problem can be corrected for this Sony box marketed as an internet tv device? Being across the U.S. presidential election requires MSNBC and I can't cope with Rachel Maddow hanging mid-sentence.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

What does Rachel Maddow have to do with your problem ?
And please learn how to write in paragraphs.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Personally I can not cope with Rachel Maddow at all!!@

One must always pick components that you are sure perform the functions you want before purchasing them. It would be like buying a Windows computer and expect it to run MAC programs.

Posted 1 year ago

Gemini

I explained to the person in the IT retail outlet that I wanted a device to run MSNBC. He recommended the Sony NSZ-GS7. Should someone who does not object to my viewing MSNBC know how I can get access to the flash plugin I would appreciate his or her assistance. With respect to paragraph construction, most IT folk don't allow literacy to get in the way of a helpful explanation of how to solve a technical problem.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

In my opinion take it back if you can. You were duped and it is expensive for all it does and not worth the price you probably paid. I don't think you can do want you require.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

My ACER Android A500 tablet plays good ol' Rachel perfectrly in the built in chrome browser. Perhaps you should return it to the store as recommended above. Or perhaps you should try Firefox for Android

Posted 1 year ago

Gemini

Firefox, Opera, Dolphin - each invariably yields the message that it's not compatible with the Sony nsz-gs7.
I submitted the question to this forum because of the number of posts advising hapless users on ways to get around flash problems.
While accepting that I was duped by the fellow at 'Best Buy', if anyone out there knows of either (i) a way to disable the recalcitrant flash contained within Chrome on the nsz or (ii) a way to successfully install a good browser (such as Firefox) on the nsz then I'd be grateful.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!