The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Msi laptop Bluetooth problems

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by marcc777
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 9767 times

marcc777

Ok so I have recently purchased an MSI CR600 series laptop with built in bluetooth but I cant seem to get the bluetooth to work. I have checked all over the machine and found no switch to turn it on and when I try to turn it on via the software which came pre installed on the computer I get the following error:

"Please plug in the Bluetooth device and click OK button."

This led me to believe that maybe the computer did not have a built in bluetooth device however when I go into device manager it shows a bluetooth device and the computer did afterall come with bluetooth software pre-installed. I am usually pretty good with computers and using a little searching on google I can find someone with a similar situation and fix the problem however after looking around I cant find anyone with a similar problem so I am completely stumped.

If anyone can help me out with this then that would be great.

Thanks

Edit: I assume this is some sort of driver problem but I am not use to finding drivers for devices and have been unable to locate a suitable one to replace the current one. I have tried to update the driver but it says it is up to date.

Bluetooth device name: Bluetooth RFCOMM
Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
Driver Provider: TOSHIBA corporation
Driver Version: 6.00.0728.0 built by: WinDDk

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Hi marcc. See if it has to be enabled in BIOS.

Posted 4 years ago

marcc777

Hmm sounds like a good idea lol. How do I check that?
Is there a way to without restarting the computer?

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

No. Reboot, and just keep tapping the F2 key (normally works).

Posted 4 years ago

marcc777

lol ok yea I looked through the bios settings and I dont see anything about bluetooth or wifi or anything like that. There is a button above the keyboard for wifi/bluetooth but I have tried it and it doesnt help with the problem.

Posted 4 years ago

marcc777

Ok so now for an update. I finally managed to find a driver for the device from the manufacturer but when I installed it it removed the old driver and then when installing the new on it came up with the same error about plugging in the device first. Now when I go into device manager there is no bluetooth device listed. Is it possible that the manufacturer installed the bluetooth driver somehow without a device built in.

Is it possible that bluetooth would show up in device manager if there was no device but the drivers were installed?
Why would there not be a bluetooth device inside but still have drivers and even a bluetooth indicator light on the laptop?

Posted 4 years ago

marcc777

anyone have any ideas?

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

See if this thread gives you some inspiration,
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....replies=23

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!