The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

MSE Not Updating

(45 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by LadyFitzgerald
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 1404 times

LadyFitzgerald

This was reported over on the Windows 7 forums. MSE hasn't been updating definitions since late last week, both automatically and manually. One of the posts provides a link where one can go to download updates directly from M$. If M$ doesn't fix this soon, I'm going back to AVAST!

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

I have two PC'S and MSE is working fine on both.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

There was a MSE Update last week which knocked some Asus Machines with Updated UEFI Bios Out of Activation.

When I called MS India to re-activate machines, they said they were aware of the issue.

Since then I've been manually updating MSE so this might be why the updates are not being pushed into machines.

Just a guess on my part as MCE is no longer automatically updating on my machines also.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

@ ronniesonora. What is your latest update?

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

It's KB2310138

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

No, the definition update. You can find it by opening MSE and clicking on the update tab.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

@LF... KB2310138 (Definition 1.143.533.0) Is the most current.
I believe the KB2310138 is generic for MSE updates, but the 1.143.533.0 was created today.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

I have the same as doctordeere.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

Ronnie, the KB2310138 isn't the important part, the 1.143.533.0 is what matters. Open MSE and click the "Update" tab to verify.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Actually, 1.43.568.0 is the latest. MSE won't update automatically ot from the the update tab. I have to go to here to get the latest updates.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

I would try uninstalling and re-installing MSE.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

This is one that was available to me CST.

Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials - KB2310138 (Definition 1.143.544.0)

Installation date: ‎1/‎22/‎2013 5:07 PM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Optional

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

Different numbers for different versions (x86 vs. x64) perhaps?
1.143.533.0 shows up as current for x86 XP.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Ronnie, go read the link I provided. All of it.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

MSE is now updating manually from the update tab. It may be updating automatically but I'm going to have to watch it for a day or two to be sure.

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Just remember LF, MSE sometimes doesn't install manually when a definition is in the Windows Update waiting to be installed.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

MSE Auto Updated correctly for me this morning. Windows 7 Ultimate x86...

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

Straspey
Straspey

Same here -

The version I received about 30 minutes ago is 1.143.640.0

I also had no trouble running a manual update late last night when I first read this thread.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

I went here yesterday ( http://www.microsoft.com/secur.....tomse.aspx ) and ran both options ( mpam-fe.exe - nis_full.exe ) and everything worked just fine today.

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I just checked my installation of MSE and it is still showing the 1.143.629.0 that I manually updated to from within MSE this morning (at least I'm not having to got to M$'s website to update). MSE automatically updates on some kind of a schedule so it won't update the instant a new update comes out so I'm leaving it alone for a day or two to see if it will automatically update.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.