How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Ms-word problem

(20 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by bhushan
  • Latest reply from bhushan
  • Topic Viewed 690 times

bhushan
bhushan

Can we know the actual time and date for every letter typed in the word document ? how ?

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Go to Insert>Date and time>select the date and time format ALSO tick automatically,

should give you what you are trying to do..

Posted 1 year ago

bhushan
bhushan

Drizzle , i want to know the date and time of every letter i typed 1 month ago in word document . Thank you

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Ah!!! you were not clear..OK
Try going to File>Open> hover mouse over a selected file and should give give the info you want....

"

Posted 1 year ago

bhushan
bhushan

Drizzle, can we know the exact time and date when the letter "M" in word "Man" was typed in the word document ?

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

You don't even have to open Word to find out when a Word doc was created. Just right click on the icon or file name of the document in its folder and click on Properties.

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

I have no idea, nor do I wish to know....why you would want to know the precise moment you typed a particular letter within a doc. but depending on your normal speed you could would work out a rough time....maybe some one else has more knowledge than I.....

Posted 1 year ago

bhushan
bhushan

you gave me your valuable time .thank you Drizzle...... !

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Your welcome that's what the forum is about helping where we can, does not always have to be the ins and out s of the inner working of computer.
You have ticked it as solved.Did you find the actual time???
Do come back if we can be of any further help.

Posted 1 year ago

bhushan
bhushan

No Drizzle , i didn't found the actual time . I thought that nobody can solve my question .So, I ticked it as solved.

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

sometimes leave it unsolved because I have see someone answer even 2 years later :):)
many new members when joining search back through the archives using search.OR who knows you may find the answer yourself at sometime...

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

The answer is there is no way in Word to do the function you are asking about. If it maintained a time stamp along with every letter documents would be huge. Just what is it you are trying to accomplish?

Posted 1 year ago

bhushan
bhushan

Well said Drizzle

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Is this what you were looking for ??

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@bhushan, Since you don't seem to want to give a reason for your query or an example I would like to ask you this.

If a document was typed and the author was John R. Doe and later the document was accessed and the document now says John N. Doe you want to know when the change took place and what the change was. Is that correct?

Posted 1 year ago

ReadandShare

I believe I know what OP wanted... and unfortunately, I believe the answer is "no".

Example: The dog is barking fiercely...

OP wanted to know if Word can show the exact date and time when each and every individual letter in the sentence (and the rest of the document) was typed.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

That's what I thought too.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Hmm, since we lost the OP, we'll probably never know. But 'letter' could be like a,b,c or it could be a 'letter' he wrote to his mother. I assumed the 'latter' one.

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

LOL!! thats what we all said!!

I suggested he make a note of the time he saved the doc and subtract minutes( or hours!!!!) that it took him to type.
This would give him a rough timing..

Can you imagine the size (phew) if every single type of individual letter, were to be recorded!!!!!!!!as he said he wanted "say the 'M' in the word Man" doh!!!!

Posted 1 year ago

bhushan
bhushan

@whs, i also know the technique you suggested but my question is different .i think there is not such facility in Ms-word .

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!