How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

(Solved) - MS word doc to pdf

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by LarrySr
  • Latest reply from vistual
  • Topic Viewed 614 times

LarrySr
LarrySr

Does anyone know where I can download a free piece of software that will convert Microsoft Word documents to pdf format?

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us.....px?id=9943 This is something to look into.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

My word 2007 does it. What Word version do you have? if you are not doing it often you could just mail it to someone (me?) to convert for you.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

MS Word 2007 and 2010 has that the PDF 'save as' function, just use the drop down box

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

oldgeezer

If you have an earlier version of Word, or just want a free program that will convert any printable document to a pdf then I can suggest CutePDF which just installs as an additional printer, hence being able to convert from more than just Word.

Posted 1 year ago

LarrySr
LarrySr

Thanks for all the good advise. I took another look at my MS Word 2007 and found out there was an addon to let you save as a PDF. I downloaded and installed the addon and it worked great. Thanks for all the help now I can save MS word documents as PDF and view them on my Kindle.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

LarrySr,
i know the kindle can read pdfs but from experience, im just letting you know that you might find the reading experience might be horrible especially if theres images.
if its good and okay for you, then theres nothing else you need to do but enjoy it. BUT if you find that you have to do a lot of zooming and re-orientating of the screen and all that stuff then you would do better off by converting it to .mobi which will truly read as intended. alot nicer and more book-like.

post back if it doesnt work out and ill post some links of two different apps that you can use.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.