MS Does It Again

(19 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Sarris
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 1026 times

Sarris
Sarris

The big BOHICA strikes again: Oh Crap!
Looks like I'm staying on 7 for a while.

Here one more abomination: Looks Like Crap Too!

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

This is Really BAD News for Desk Top Users.

I don't understand MS's reasoning for doing a such thing.

Guess we'll all start to love Linux and old Windows 7 now.

Windows 7 FULL Edition DVDs and USBs will be selling like "Hot Cakes" for the next 6 months.

Best Advice is to Buy a copy while you still can !!!!

BOHICA !!!!

Rick P

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

What does BOHICA mean??

Posted 1 year ago

Sarris
Sarris

Bend Over, Here It Comes Again.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Is a Military slang term used by Warriors when they think that the "Top Brass" is giving them a hard time with the orders plus missions they receive and not looking after their immediate personal concerns.

Means:

"Bend Over, Here it Comes Again"

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

hArLtRoN
hArLtRoN

Your posts make more sense now (LOL)

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

BOHICA !!!!

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@Rick, What edition 0f W7 would you recommend?

Posted 1 year ago

Cameochi

I like the Metro interface on my Windows phone but on my desktop??? NOT going to happen! I've used every version of Windows ever released including ME (Misery Everlasting) but from what I've seen so far, I will pass on Windows 8. What is Microsoft thinking? IS MIcrosoft thinking?? One has to wonder....

Posted 1 year ago

Cameochi

Forgot to say Hello! I have been reading the posts for years now and finally decided to join. I love it here - lots of knowledge and great assistance when needed. :-)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Hi, and welcome.

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Methinks MS are heading for anther "Vista moment" and W7 will be the new XP and supported 'til 2025 due to consumer resistance to change! LOL! W7 is without problems for me and I don't care about W8. Will prob get another W7 lappy soon.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

I agree except Vista works fine.

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

Warlock

I agree. i liked it when I had it but globally the uptake wasn't good...that's what made me think of the potential similarity with W8.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@Warlock,

In answer to your question above:

If Budget Permits, Purchase Windows 7 Ultimate Retail Edition.

If you need to save a bit of money, purchase Windows 7 Pro Retail Edition.

The Home Editions lack important features such as Group Policy, etc.. so best not to even consider them.

Also MS will probably crack down on using OEM Edition on multiple home PCs.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Okay, thanks point well taken.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Instead of typing "Windows 8 Release Preview", just say running "WinBohica" and every body will know the O/S.

Rick P.

Posted 1 year ago

Veegertx
Veegertx

email: Windows 8 Release Preview is here
Oh well I thought I'd start installer and see what happen then the compatibility things popped up. As we all pre known, no dvd player and such

But secure boot? Have to look at that a bit. I have the late model MS #$%@& it's a dang UEFI you igmo's

Posted 1 year ago

ispalten
ispalten

@Cameochi, don't tell me you used BOB too???

Hey, IBM said the DESKTOP is DEAD, I think MS bought into that now, W8 being the proof. Well, not exactly dead, but if MS has its way now, it will be different. Basically an overgrown tablet. Some of the video's I've seen show a 'new' laptop with a touch pad that has gestures that makes running W8 much easier. Conjecture has it that new desktops will have touch screens as part of the W8 package.

MS has basically made even more difficult to use W8 like you had been before. Start Menu can't be made to show on boot and 3rd party stuff has been eradicated by removing base code.

Corporations will do the normal denial of the OS, not only for the above reasons. I don't think MS cares? Growth is expected to be in phones and tablets, no PC's. One code base if far easier to maintain than 2 or more. At some point you will have to move to it, maybe kicking and screaming, but it is inevitable.

Irv S.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!