SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Mozilla Thunderbird & Microsoft Exchange Server ?

(3 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by DrCool
  • Latest reply from DrCool
  • Topic Viewed 43721 times

DrCool

Hello,

I have done that stupid thing, the nightmare thing i said "ohh no problemas that will work" and now Im stuck... so now I need to borrow all you geeks knowledge to help me solve this problem, hmmm me and my stupid mouth... !

The problem contains one thing, that is to get Mozilla Thunderbird to work with Microsoft Exchange Server, instead of Microsoft Outlook, this because I just love Mozilla and their softwares.

I hope that you guys can help me and all others with a "Geek Manual" how to make this work.

And yes I agree with you, I will shut up next time :)

All Of The Best To You Geeks
/DrCool

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

You maybe able to add email to Thunderbird if the Exchange Server also offered IMAP but you would lose the ability to change Contacts on the server, Calender and other features offered by an Exchange Server with Outlook as Thunderbird only does email and limited Contacts.
If you want to try the way with IMAP and read only access to exchange server contacts you try the steps at http://www.downloadsquad.com/2.....ge-server/

Posted 6 years ago

DrCool

Howdy,

And thanks jd2066 for the fast reply... ;) Bummer no Im fried, I mean that it doesent work fulyy with contacts and so... but I will show them this and say anyhow.

Best Regards
/DrCool

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!