The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - Mozilla Firefox for Windows ME

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by LarrySr
  • Latest reply from LarrySr
  • Topic Viewed 871 times

LarrySr

I am patching up an old PC that is running Windows ME. I do not want to upgrade the Windows version. I need a copy of Mozilla Firefox that will run on Windows ME. The version that is on this PC version 5 and it runs but it comes up with a generic screen that says this version needs to be upgraded. I tried the latest version of Firefox but it says it will not run on Windows ME.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

Have you looked on FileHippo for the early versions ?

Posted 1 year ago

LarrySr

I just went to FileHippo and did a search for Firefox 6 but it only showed me the latest version of Firefox. I am not sure the version 6 is the one I want. Does anyone know what was the last version of Mozilla Firefox that will run on Windows ME?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

Right hand side, view more, keep going.

Posted 1 year ago

LarrySr

Thank you Lighthouse I finally found the older version of Firefox. However; I still need to know what was the last version to work with Windows ME.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

Look for 1.5 up.

Posted 1 year ago

nosparks

A simple Google for "last edition of FireFox that worked with Windows ME" returned this:

The last version that works with Windows ME is Firefox 2.0.0.20 available from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozi.....n32/en-US/

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

LarrySr

Thank you nosparks. I downloaded that version, installed it and it is working fine.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.