The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

moving Outlook 2003 files on XP to Outlook 2003 on Vista

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by quampeto
  • Latest reply from quampeto
  • Topic Viewed 2164 times

quampeto

I'm trying to move my data from my old laptop to the new. The old has XP, the new vista. I have installed Office 2003 on the new (trying not to buy 2007) and now I'm trying to move my data files. I got the pst files and such from

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\LocalSettings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

and the other configuration files from

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

The question is - now where do I put them on the machine with Vista? I can't seem to find the same directories, and I've searched around online but haven't found any particular thread that covers this. Any thoughts? I'm trying to move all my data and preferences, task, etc. Thanks you your help!

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

You should be able to use the File> Import/Export feature without any problem.

Posted 6 years ago

quampeto

I've used the Import/Export feature, but it keeps piling all of my subfolders into a new Personal Folders file. I have 3 emails, which were previously in three individual sections on the left window of Outlook, but now I have 4 different Personal Folders (one with the home/clock icon, and the others with the multi-file icon). Is there a way to avoid that? Is it possible to rename the multi-file icon Personal Folders? Is it possible to edit what sub-folders go under these files (i.e. Outbox, Junk Mail, etc)? Thanks for your help.

Posted 6 years ago

quampeto

BTW - With regards to renaming the Personal Folders, I right-clicked the Personal Folders>Properties>Advanced and it gives me the error "Object not Found". I've also run scanpst.exe to see if that would help.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.