The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Move Media Player

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by EdO
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 26661 times

EdO

Running XP Pro. On ABC.com you can supposedly watch episodes of their already broadcast shows. However, it requires the add-on Move Media Player. It errors out on me in Firefox. Any ideas? BTW, it doesn't work in IE either, not that it matters :)

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

I was able to use Move Media Player as a FF addon after enabling pop-ups.

From http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/faq

Audio/Video Playback Troubleshooting
Nothing happens when I click on the "Launch" button from the landing page. How do I view the full episode player?
The player is displayed in its own pop-up window. Your computer's pop-up blocker may be preventing the window from launching. Hold down the control button when clicking on the "Launch" button. That may allow a pop-up to be launched. If that doesn't work, please consult the instructions for the pop-up blocker you have installed.

Posted 6 years ago

michael
michael

:O Thanks Scott! Yeah, this happened to me as well, I tried to download it manually with no luck. ^_^ Yay!

--
Mike

Posted 6 years ago

EdO

Hmm, I get the popup window for the commercial that runs before the program just fine, but when the program starts to load I get errored out. I wonder if this is a cache thing? I have it set at 25meg...

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

What is the error message you are getting?

Posted 6 years ago

chanmel

Is anyone else still having problems with ABC.com???? I've tried everything and I can't watch any of the episodes???

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Try going to www.espn.go.com and watching some of their content in Firefox. Hopefully you'll get a prompt for the Move media player.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!