The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Mouse

(23 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tsmith777
  • Latest reply from tsmith777
  • Topic Viewed 614 times

tsmith777

I am running aToshiba x505-885 laptop with a Microsoft mobile mouse 4000. It scrolls very,very fast. I have tried searching for the mouse and I can find settings for this mouse, however, when I click on the settings nothing happens and I cannot slow down the scroll, I just updated the driver thing I could get to the settings but still cannot. Any ideas?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

The mouse could in fact be broken. If under warranty I would return it.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

It seems to work fine except for the very very fast scrolling and the fact that I can't get into the settings

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://answers.microsoft.com/e.....edb539a9a3 Not the problem your having but, this mouse seems unreliable. If you could return it it I think you should. At the very least contact Microsoft with your problem.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Okay guys I think I'll just throw it out I have had it for some time now and its now worth the hassle of going to microsoft. Thanks again. I just installed a Toshiba nano mouse and it does the same thing I cajn't get into the settings on this one either

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Keep it for now and contact MS. never know they might just give you another one.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321122

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

My Toshiba mouse seems to b working okay now, however, I still cannot get into the settings

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Rick, I tried the Fix It from Microsoft and that did not help

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

I thought you said it was a Microsoft mouse.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

It was a Microsoft 4000, then I changed it to a Toshiba Nano, neither one will will allow me to get into the settings to change the scroll

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Do you mean scroll on the mouse wheel ?

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Yes

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Ensure the HID Service is running.

To start the Human Interface Device (HID) service, follow these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in for Services.

Click Start Button.

Type services.msc in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2. Open the HID service.

In the list of services in the details pane, double-click HID Input Service or Human Interface Device Access Service.

3. Make sure that the Startup Type value is set to Automatic.

4. Reboot the machine.

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Rick, that worked, Great I can now access the mouse settings but there is no scroll setting where I can slow down the scroll, only pointer, pointer option, wheel and hardware, so I still cannot slow it down

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

OK, this what others have done to fix the Fast Scrolling. Remember what I just taught you above also. :)

http://forums.techarena.in/har.....465040.htm

Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 Driver
http://www.microsoft.com/hardw.....mouse-4000

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

What does it say in the wheel tab ?

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Lighthouse, Under the wheel tab it says , vertical scrolling roll the wheel one notch to scroll, the following number of lines at a time and two is selected. Horizontal Scrolling, tilt the wheel to scroll the following number of characters at a time and one is selected.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

what is the vertical scrolling set at ?

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Rick, I downloaded and installed the 4000 driver from your link and that fixed it, I can now get into the settings and modify it the way I want, and YES I will not forget what you taught me from this and other posts. Btw the HID services was set to manual, so I changed it to Automatic, per your instructions. Thanks much for all your and others expert advise.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!