SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Motherboard that finds its driver and install?

(15 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by georgelaljohn
  • Latest reply from jd2066
  • Topic Viewed 3594 times

georgelaljohn
georgelaljohn

I would like to know are there motherboards which could installs the motherboard drivers automatically after the an OS is loaded.With out putting in the driver CD and installing one by one. If so please tell me which are those. Kindly send me details of that too..

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

That kind of thing isn't really possible.
A motherboard can't just hand drivers over to the Operating System.
You can with some drivers burn a custom Operating System disc that includes a copy of the drivers to make reinstalls a bit easier.

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

The motherboard should have a driver CD... it's really pretty simple to use in most cases... the drivers should install all at once.

Posted 6 years ago

georgelaljohn
georgelaljohn

So what u meant to say its not possible without a driver cd

Posted 6 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

Without the drivers, your board would only have limited functionality. The drivers on the cd typically are for things such as the audio, ethernet, usb, etc. And like everyone above has mentioned, most of the cd's have "Push this one button to install all the drivers" on them.

Posted 6 years ago

georgelaljohn
georgelaljohn

Is there anyway the drivers can be loaded without the driver cd..?

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

You could download the drivers, if your network card was able to work without the drivers. Otherwise you could put the drivers on a USB drive.

It would really help if you would explain why you don't want to use the driver cd, because it doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

but how could you put the drivers on a usb drive if you have no usb drivers?

Posted 6 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

LOL, i was thinking the same thing. I think JD has the best solution. Make a custom OS install cd with the drivers and even SP slipstreamed. I use Nlite for that.

Posted 6 years ago

georgelaljohn
georgelaljohn

how do i make a custom OS install cd with drivers?

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

you have to use nlite or other programs that do the same thing

Posted 6 years ago

georgelaljohn
georgelaljohn

I have a burned bootable cd of my OS . I have my driver cd too. Now how do i use these in nlite to get the custom OS install cd?

Posted 6 years ago

georgelaljohn
georgelaljohn

One more question. If i create a custom cd will the Drivers get loaded automatically or i need to install them seperately?

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

@jack: I was assuming that you would be putting the drivers onto the flash drive from another machine... and there shouldn't be issues in reading the files anywhere.

@george:
If you are using Vista, follow this guide:
http://www.simplehelp.net/2008.....ation-dvd/

If you are using XP, you can follow this guide:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....tallation/

Note that you would be much better off if you would explain why you don't want to simply install the drivers off the cd. It only takes a few minutes.

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

I agree with The Geek. Using the drivers CD should work best.
In fact unless you reinstall a lot then using nLite to make a disc with the drivers would be a lot more work to do then just installing them from the cd.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.