How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

More then 1 middle mouse click.

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by DanielMosey
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 237 times

DanielMosey

Hi,
This has been going on for months and it has finally gotten on my last nerve.
When I click the middle mouse button it is sometimes (1/4 times) picked up as more then one mouse click. It can be between 2-4 clicks.
Its tiring to click a link on IE / chrome just to be given 3 tabs more then you asked for just for you to close the excess tabs.
This also happens when closing tabs, it might close upto 4 tabs.
More then 1 click is picked up in other programs such as VirtualBox. I can see the mouse indicator flashing more then once. Even though its supposed to be one flash per click.

I have tried everything I can think of to fix it.
It is also happening on my other machine so I'm guessing its me who created it as I don't see other people with the problem.

Both machines are windows 7 x64 ultimate.
Ones a Rat 7 mouse,
The other is standard mouse.

If there is anything I can provide to you to help me solve this then please ask and I will provide as soon as I can.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Daniel.

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

You say this is happening in 2 computers with 2 different mice? I had this problem but with the main, left click button, which is really frustrating, so I just bought a new mouse and that was it. But your case is really strange. Still, try using another mouse with those machines, and/or try to use your mice with a third computer.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I was having that trouble for a while and finally figured out I was also pressing the wheel slighty sideway, hitting that button as well. Changing my finger position helped me with that.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.