The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Monitor

(7 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by haydosrulz
  • Latest reply from haydosrulz
  • Topic Viewed 1384 times

haydosrulz

Is the ! VIEWSONIC VA2026W 20" W,5ms,1680x1050,1K:1,170/160,DVI,BLACK better than the Dell SE198WFP 19" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor or is the dell better than the viewsonic???

Viewsonic: http://www.skycomp.com.au/product.aspx?id=89849
Dell: http://www1.ap.dell.com/conten.....&s=dhs (first to left)

Posted 5 years ago

JonMCC33
JonMCC33

They look pretty identical in specs but of course that's all manufacturer provided. I work with Dell monitors every day and can say that they are quality. I don't think you could go wrong with either one but of course the Viewsonic is 20-inches as opposed to the Dell at 19-inches. The Dell does have the better positive of the built-in USB hub, which is extremely handy to have in my book.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

With all due respect haydosrulz, you've started 6 threads in less than 24 hours on basically the same topic.
You asked for help in building a system, then many of the components.

Kindly stick to one.

Posted 5 years ago

haydosrulz

sorry i am a bit confused with the computer and will not make any more but just add to the right topic

Posted 5 years ago

haydosrulz

i have used a Dell moniter at internet game place and thought that it looked very good compared to my home ASUS LCD. Is this the same as Dell to Viewsonic for games???

Posted 5 years ago

Spawn

I have a Samsung SyncMaster T240 24"....it smokes the competition and Dell monitors too. Dell is still pretty good, but not as good as the Samsung monitors. All my buddies uses Samsung due to it's quality, and aspect ratio is magnificently sweet.

In your case, you chose between Dell vs Viewsonic, then I would go with Dell monitor. Dell is also build on quality, it last a long time too, no dead pixels, etc....my dad had a dell monitor for 8yrs....he wanted a big one so, he got a different one for a change.

Posted 5 years ago

haydosrulz

ok but i might look at samsung tho

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!