The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

Moderators ?

(15 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by DLZ
  • Latest reply from DLZ
  • Topic Viewed 2108 times

DLZ

I was Wondering how do you Become ( or can ) you become a Moderator ?

Posted 6 years ago

whs

DLZ, I guess that's like asking "how do you get knighted by the Queen of England" or "how does the pope pick a Saint" - Very Carefully

Posted 6 years ago

DLZ

Havent you wanted to know Whs ? i mean you have been here for a While havent you ?

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

With a sword, the first one!

Posted 6 years ago

whs

DLZ, to tell you the truth, I never gave it a thought because I am lazy and being a moderator probably involves a LOT of work - besides all the stuff you have to know.

Posted 6 years ago

taybay

I think Geek gives moderation privileges to those who he deems fit to be moderator. Just be on your best behavior, DLZ. =)

Also, privilege is a terribly difficult word. I had to look it up twice to spell it. I'm not stupid, I swear!

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

Install a spellchecker!

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

All things require moderation, including the desire to become a moderator. =)

In all seriousness, being a mod is often used as a status symbol on forums. We aren't going to go down that route... moderators are for moderating, and like whs said, there's work involved. So far we haven't had a lot of need for moderating, since most people have been friendly most of the time... if they aren't then Scott takes them behind the woodshed.

As far as status symbols go, I've got another plan for how to show off your geek status... you'll have to be patient and wait until I actually announce it (down the road).

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Hi Geek, who on earth needs status symbols. PLEASE refrain from any such system. I have seen real stupid ones in some other sites.

Posted 6 years ago

mysticgeek

Please use this forum in MODERATION! HA! I had to say it ... even though I am probably the only one who thinks it is funny.

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse

and if I was clever enough to answer all the questions, I would use this forum all the time and not in moderation (Ha) but I'm not, so there!

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Mysticgeek, you probably only want to hack the bits - but there is life beyond the bits. That's what makes this forum so pleasantly different and friendly.

Posted 6 years ago

The Geek

whs:

I'm not actually going to add status symbols to the forum, don't worry =)

Over the next year I'm going to focus on building community in the site as a whole, letting people help out a lot more instead of trying to do everything myself. That will give the opportunity to show off some geek status for helping out... that's all I have to say =P

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Hi Geek, that sounds good. Make us work a little. We will support you any way we can.

Posted 6 years ago

DLZ

I aree With Whs ! Im Behind you all the way !!

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.