elpaelpa
elpaelpa

Hello Rick,what can I help you out with? Tom

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Hi Tom,
Saw in your profile "Model Trains".
From my profile, you would never guess I have an interest in such but I do.
What Gage setup do run and how many feet of track; etc ??
It would be nice if you could post a picture of your layout on this thread.
I'm not the "Darth Vader" of HTG believe it or not. (LOL) (LOL)
Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♥ :)

Posted 5 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

Hi Rick,
You're obviously not a 'herd animal', but Darth--naaa!
About mt trains (my second favorite subject-grand kids #1).I model in HO.At the present time I have no laid track.However,I do have over 100ft of code 83,brown rail waiting to go along with about 15 turnouts (turnouts given to me by an uncle who changed to N gauge).My power is approximately 20 units with about 75 cars.The era I model is the 1950's but all diesel.Because my mom's 2 brothers and her dad (my grandmother too,for a short time)all worked for the DL&W I model it.I also have a little Erie as her 3rd brother worked for them.When my wife (finally) cleans out the spare room,I'll be starting the layout (she's retiring in 11/2yrs. and has made a promise)!The layout will measure 7x13 ft.
Off the top of my head,my roster consists of:
1.F units-6 a units
2 b
2.FA2-2
3.FB2-2
4.RS3-1
5.GP7-2 pass (roof air tanks)
1 frt.
6.E8-2
7.Trainmaster-2
8.AS616-1

Everything is DC,I really don't care for DCC.
I've been collecting,building,planning for about 15yrs.
As I said,my second favorite subject.
The only picture I have is a display of some of my collection (along with other RR memorabilia)
in an 8ft. case my son made for me.
You're right!I wouldn't have guessed anyone would have the interest (of the regulars).But what a great hobby.I really enjoy it!I would be interested in your layout/collection if you'd like to post or email me direct.

Tom

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Tom,

That is going to be nice !!!!
7x13 might be a bit small for HO gage but then again, its how you wrap it over and under and around plus the turnouts. The era is a great period. You could even put in some steam from the earlier 50's which would match the diesel change over.

I personal like "N" Gage (only due to space) but less detail and more toyish. Doesn't have the "feel" of HO.

I gave my layout to my Son for the Grand Kids. Made him promise they could only look at it until they were older.

Have some pictures if Spouse will find them. (LOL) (LOL)
My E-mail is on website in my profile.

Love to hear from you.

Never have been a crowd follower (LOL) (LOL) (LOL).
Thanks for the compliment.
Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♥ :)

Posted 5 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

Rick-"I gave my layout to my Son for the Grand Kids".Got a story to tell you about my 8yr. old Grand Son and trains,but not now,getting to late. Tom

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

This old Märklin locomotive from the mid 1930's is all I have left of my train that I got in 1941 for christmas. My father traded the train for a radio - that's how bartering worked during the war. The second locomotive, all the cars and the tracks got lost after the war - too bad.

Posted 5 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

WHS-Yes it's too bad (the war and the trains)!Have you checked on the value of this?Some of these old trains command a small fortune.Some of the old Lionels go for $1000-2000 and aren't as rare as this.Old German toys of all kinds bring excellent money from collectors.The better shape and more 'original' it is the more value it has, naturally.This is a rare treasure indeed! Tom

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

For me it has more of a sentimental value. But I would not sell it. So the price does not matter. I also have an old Schuco toy car from the same period. They just remind me my childhood - that's what I keep them for.

Posted 5 years ago

elpaelpa
elpaelpa

Whs-Yes,of course,but you might want to know it's value and catalog it (along with other possessions)in case of fire or theft.What a great gift to pass on to children and/or grandchildren!Not only the sentimental and monetary value important,but there is also historical/heritage value.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Picture I found in the local newspaper from a hot air ballon festival

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!