The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

MOBO warranty Question

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by PP3TNC
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 282 times

PP3TNC

of course, you may ask this Q should ask the manufacture to get more details information, but they didn't explain it clearly. and buyers usually can't accept the "model answer"?

i hope how to geek experts can give me a answer for this?

i think in general, it's usefulness, and there should be lots of users had some experience as me when sending MOBO for repair.

once i got my MOBO CPU Socket some jumper bending, the staff said. he said the warranty didn't cover it, so it raise a Question" [ what did the warranty cover] if replacement of damage component isn't within the warranty

what did those warranty cover in the industries?
did it cover replace component damage in the MOBO? i think it's most issue require warranty of MOBO?

Posted 1 year ago

oldgeezer

I'm not sure what you mean by 'jumper bending' on the CPU socket. Do you mean the pins that the CPU sits on, or the pins that a jumper sits on? Either way it wouldn't be a warranty issue unless you can prove that the pins were already bent when you got the motherboard, then your claim would be against the supplier in the first instance as it is a damage issue, not a manufacturing issue.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

ASUS considers bent CPU socket pins on MOBOs to be customer induced damage. I plan on covering my ample asset when I get mine by taking a video of me opening the box, breaking the seal on the antistatic bag, removing it, opening the socket cover, then zooming in on the socket, all while making sure the MOBO stays in the video at all times.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.