How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Mixed Up Win 7

(5 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Leftbehind
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 1264 times

Leftbehind
Leftbehind

Ok just got a vista home premium pc and i am confused. I assumed that win7 wasn t going to come out until 2010 but its out now? I undestand its a huge upgrade for vista that will hopefully fix more problems then it creates is that right? And does it help or just get vista to run even worse?

How big is this upgrade and where do i get it from and why would i want it? And how tricky is it to install and what happens if something goes wrong; what then? And how do i get the best install instructions - just very curious always seems like the more ms comes out with the worse the OS runs amazing . .

Thanks . . .

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Windows 7 is in beta. The beta that came out last week is the first of series of pre-releases before the final version is sold, probably in or around Q3 of this year. I believe initially the target was 2010.

If you just started with Vista, give it a full workout before even thinking about 7. Yes, the beta is free but the final version will surely not be so get your money's worth of Vista.

Posted 5 years ago

Leftbehind
Leftbehind

Ok ty so much i ll stick with Vista was confused; so far so good fingers caused, hum any suggestions as to what to do and not do to ensure nothing chashs on me thanks . .

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Sure, peruse our Vista forum, http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/forum/windows-vista
Read The Geek's Vista How-to's http://www.howtogeek.com/tag/windows-vista/

Bookmark them, RSS them, and post here with any questions you may have.

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

You are not at all left behind. Yes, some of us are testing this Beta version of Windows7. But that is not at all a final system. It has some nice additional features, but it is far less than a full system as Vista. No need to get excited about it. Once you have a good handle on Vista, you will very easily find your way around Windows7. The user interface is 95% identical. Current rumor mill says it will be released 9/09 - but who knows with Microsoft. Anything can change.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!