How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Missing Volume

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by gowthamgutha
  • Latest reply from bubbatie1
  • Topic Viewed 1558 times

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

For installing Windows 8, i resized my F drive and E drive (i.e. decreased F drive space and increased E drive space) from EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition, after i clicked on the apply button, process went on, at last it displayed a error message, System Information Update Failed. I was unable to locate the F drive in my computer, it is not found but it is found in the EaseUS, i am unable to recover it.

I've tried diskpart tool, but when i list the volumes, there too i could not find the F drive
And when i tried the Disk Management in Windows and right-click on the F: drive (which has no letter over it) and then clicked properties, it is saying to refresh or relocate my drives or restart my PC.

None of them worked. Now what can i do?

EaseUS Screenshot

Diskpart Screenshot

Disk Management Error

Disk Management Screenshot

Posted 1 year ago

jhharoon

I think the partition table of volume F is corrupted. Try "Testdisk" from following link.
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
Its an open source software which is very helpful in these kind of situations.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Click 'Change drive letter' to F? Apply.

Posted 1 year ago

gowthamgutha
gowthamgutha

@jhharoon Can you give me the tutorial for solving my problem?

Posted 1 year ago

jhharoon

Download windows installation package from following link.

Extract all file from zip file and run "testdisk_win.exe".
Follow these instructions.

1- Chose "Create"
2- It will show you harddrives attached with your computer. Select the harddrive you want to recover and press enter.
3- Because you were using windows base partition table choose "Intel" from the list.
4- Choose "Analyses"
5- It will show you your current partition structure. Just choose "Quick search" and continue.
6- It will ask you about searching partition made under vista or later. Because you were using windows 8, type "Y" and hit enter.
7- After a quick scan it will show you your lost partitions. Choose the partition you want to recover and press enter.
8- I case if the partition is not found choose the option "deeper search" otherwise select "Write".
9- Quite the program. restart your computer and check my computer.

Edit by mod; direct downloads are forbidden on HTG

Posted 1 year ago

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

direct download

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!