SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Min / Max / Close Button (Firefox) Wont Go Away?!

(12 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by vistual
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 963 times

vistual
vistual

so i took the plunge (again) and updated.
surprised to say that everything seems great so far - add-ons that were long ago disabled because of updates have magically been re-enabled with the update.

only little prob is that i cant get rid of this minimize / maximize / close button.
NOR lessen the distance between it and the other two buttons that ive docked there. (that you can see in the image, no script temp alllow & the refresh)
i can remove the one but the distance does not get much better. the one that remains i cant seems to be able to move / remove.
i guess thats okay although it doesnt look as nice as the other but any ideas why i cant remove it or lessen the space between it and the other buttons?

Posted 1 year ago

AlanWade
AlanWade

Try this addon to fix it: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firefox-4-ui-fixer/

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

will have a closer look at that when i get back home.
thanks for chiming in!

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

did nothing but it was the worth the shot.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

i had a good feeling that it was a certain add-on causing it and checked last might and confirmed that its my titlebar addon ...
i like it cause it affords me more screen-estate (in addition to hiding bookmarks toolbar) and gets rid of that bar at the top and that orange firefox button that i cant stand as well.

you can see how everything is in its place with the addon disabled and when enabled - i get that weird space between the buttons.
gonna check out the mozilla forums and hopefully get some feedback. will update here too..

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

still tinkering ...
thought i'd share this since i stumbled across it.
for those that dont like / or use that orange firefox button, you can remove it by using stylish and the addon here (not to mention all the other customizing you can do with stylish) ...
http://userstyles.org/styles/4.....tton-hider

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

LOL!
or this ..
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/app-button-remove/

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

O.K. I'll byte, What is wrong with leaving the Firefox button right where the programmer put it. If you want it somewhere else, build your own browser. Programmers of the world UNITE!!!

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

Aside from that it doesnt appeal to me aesthetically, since it was introduced - not once have i ever used it. also since these work-arounds are available means that im not alone on this. build my own browser??? i run ff cause i love it - and the fact that its already so customizable. matter of fact so much so that it IS my browser - my way.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

It is so out of sight, out of mind that the only way I even know it is there is when someone wants to remove it, lol.

Posted 1 year ago

AlanWade
AlanWade

A compromise is to right click near the icons and check the Menubar option. No more orange button but you do get the old style menubar.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

You can get the menubar any time you want it by hitting the ALT key without it taking up space otherwise.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!