The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Midwest snow storm round 2

(16 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by jmeeks49
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 399 times

jmeeks49

As of right now we have 14 inches tapering off this afternoon as for now i have power but tree limbs are getting heavy so i don't know how much longer that will last. i am kind of scared but i do have my oven on low just in case of a outage. will post again if i have power later. i wish Lowell had a ios app for my phone lol lol

John

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Be careful about leaving your oven on. We would hate to lose you to CO poisoning.

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49

thank you LF,

I am very careful about doing that just trying to save heat if it does goes out.

John

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Just saw some video showing the storm in Misery...er...Missouri (I'm originally from St. Louis). You still hanging in there, John?

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt

Hi all. Lost power around 3:00am this morning. It was back on in about 1 minute though. Whew!

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

Glad to hear your power didn't stay out long. Haven't heard from John on here for awhile hope he has power.

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49

Joe,

i am here, we never lost power yet i was just hibernating lol lol

John

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

That's good. Been checking on the radar. Raining hard here. Don't forget the oven is on.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Hibernating is a good thing to do in that kind of weather. Glad you all are ok.

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

Hi John
As LF says be careful of C0,
we have a couple more deaths here in UK in last few days. Hope you have detector fitted.
The trouble is, CO is really deadly , as no smell, cannot be seen...
especially more lethal when peeeples, block out all draughts..

Be safe and be warm, put on all those extra layers, especially as you are unfortunately ,forced to be more immobile.
Take care.
Kate

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49

All is well here we never lost power which is a miracle in itself LF the oven was on low very low just enough to produce heat Kate i am staying in my office with a floor heater not a space heater just a blower. but i am fine thanks to everybody for the good luck wishes.

John

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

CO detectors aren't any more expensive than smoke detectors. Mayhap you should look into one, such as these. I like the idea of the plug in ones that have battery backup. The regular plug in only models are useless in a power outage. Battery only ones have a bad habit of batteries dying at inopportune times.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

http://www.gassaferegister.co......kills.aspx

Posted 1 year ago

jmeeks49

LF,

I do have a CO so i am very safe.

John

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

One is never enough.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Still, one is better than nothing. I feel better knowing himself has one.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.