The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Microsoft's Picture It! Premium 10

(7 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by mrmontage
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 6036 times

mrmontage

This goodie came with my computer. In the future I want to use it in Windows 7 when that day arrives.

Is the software available to download into Windows 7?

PS: I think the software came from Windows XP but it might have come with Office 2003. I am not totally sure which one the program came from. BUT I remember seeing in in my first computer which I ruined in every way possible.

PSS: Can a disc from Windows XP be loaded onto Windows 7? It would be nice to get Picture It for Windows 7. I make pictures for videos, and it really helped me be more creative.

Posted 4 years ago

Santo
Santo

It will not work in Windows 7.

Posted 4 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

mrmontage - Picture It! is no longer supported and you can't find it anymore, but there are a lot of nice alternatives out there :)
PhotoFiltre is free and very, very nice!
They also offer a shareware version that supports layers, called Photofiltre Studio. It is a nice and very affordable program with lots of options.

Another way to simply edit photo's is Irfanview. Irfanview is a small viewer but packed with options (one of my all-time favorites ;D) and lately the option to edit images has also been included, though it is limited.

There is also The Gimp, nowadays with a more PhotoShop like interface, which is free and has all the options a great image editor should have, but that might be a bit over the top :)

Posted 4 years ago

mrmontage

Is it possible to copy the program Windows XP onto a jump drive and load it onto a new computer with Windows 7?

Posted 4 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

You might try, but I don't think it will work. It needs it's registry entries I think. Particularly MS programs have a lot of those LOL.

Btw what do you mean by this "Can a disc from Windows XP be loaded onto Windows 7" ? And by this "to copy the program Windows XP onto a jump drive" ?
Do you mean the program Picture It! that was intended for windows XP or am I reading you wrong?
If it is a properly developed program (like you would expect from MS) you should be able to install it on 7.
I still work with Office 97 and it installed like a charm on Vista, though it was developed when Win98 was top notch.
So if you can find the installation cd you should be able to install it.

Posted 4 years ago

mrmontage

I meant to copy the Picture It! program onto a Windows 7 computer.

Posted 4 years ago

whs
whs

mrmontage, you better believe what was said. It just won't work - one way or another. Suggest you follow Sarah's suggestions. There is also FastStone Image Viewer ( http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm ) that has a lot of function. And that works in Win7.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!