raphoenix

Posted For Information:

http://www.computerworld.com/s.....2012-03-20

Many Links in the Article.

Notice the (2) Versions to be released.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi
Xhi

I think we are witnessing the death of a giant.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@Xhi,

I think this paragraph in the article will determine the fate of the giant.

"The Windows 8 operating system will come in two flavors: Windows 8 for traditional PCs and business-grade slates and tablets, and Windows on ARM (WOA) for consumer tablets."

The office or cubicle plus desk with large display are not going away any time soon.

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

alishathomaz

It's designed to replace the start menu and to introduce the new "metro apps".
Windows 8 will be excellent on tablets but Metro just doesn't work properly without touch. Windows 8 will really need a touchscreen laptop to work properly.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

And Win 8 RC is set for late May release : http://news.softpedia.com/news.....0904.shtml

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

but are you doing it as beta Operating System, proper?
Come on alishathomaz its a toy, play and report your findings...

Posted 2 years ago

Sarris
Sarris

@Xhi, I think you are right. What is it going to take to get MS to understand that there are a lot of us who want just a plain old operating system. No games, no media center, no built-in browser or e-mail, no geegaw, just a plain old operating system. We really are smart enough to install the stuff we need. And NO, we don't want to go to MAC.

It strikes me that it would be a fairly easy thing to do (as outsiders are already doing, IE XP Lite, from the past). It's not like they don't make a pile of other versions anyways? It seems like all I do is monkey around with crap I don't need or want, trying to get a working professional operating system. Just install and give me a black screen with a taskbar, and I'd be ready to go.

Now, W8. I had it on a VM for a couple of weeks and it SUCKS!!! Geez, what is going on? Are 16 YO kids writing this shit or what??? Look, I'm 55, I don't use smart phones, tablet, PS, Fackbook, or any other of the kiddie crap they have forced on us.

I WANT A SIMPLE PROFESSIONAL OPERATING SYSTEM. MANY OTHERS WHO ARE ON A COMPUTER ALL DAY DO TOO! ARE YOU LISTENING MICROSOFT??

Posted 2 years ago

alishathomaz

Most of the people are shifting to windows 7 from windows XP and will skip windows 8.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!