Rick P. ♥ :)

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

POST DELETED by raphoenix 09/12/2008

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ya my win xp does that too still haven't figured it out yet but i don't really need to either lol :) pretty soon that machine will have some other os on it any ways lol hehe

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@Jack,

Know what you mean.

SO tired of the MS update process.

Appears MS could have come up with a better way just to let folks go to a site and download a file and install it.

The update site is notorious for giving folks the wrong updates, failing to install updates plus not working as intended.

Wish Ubuntu would start putting emphasis on drivers.

Then we could be out of this MS "mess" which they created.

Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

what do you mean if ubuntu would put emphasis on drivers? on my laptop with it i have all the drivers that i need and they are all preloaded and found automatically unlike windows where you have to go searching for all of the drivers :)

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@Jack,

They are still missing a few like Linksys and some others that are are proprietary but as you indicate, they are getting more and more independent.

Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Jack, how come you have to search for drivers in windows. I never had to search for a single driver. They all install automatically. And I never had to use a driver installation CD either (except for multifunction printers).

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@whs,

New Windows Device Drivers for hardware components of every machine are constantly being updated.
Even us builders have to search on OEM Device sites for driver and firmware updates on a regular basis.
That is just the computer business.
Check out (any) OEM site.
Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ya but i see all the time on the forum people looking for drivers and such but i have put ubuntu on every thing that i have and have never really had a driver issue from really old to new :)

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

@Jack,
I know what you mean.
=============================
The XP Drivers for all current machines were all posted and then took down when MS suggested to ALL OEMs to start pushing Vista Only.
That is one reason we are having so many questions on the site about "Can't Find Drivers".
The drivers are out there but have been hidden in many cases.
Kindest Regards,

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I guess I meant Vista finds the drivers automatically. That is one reason I like Vista.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

ya i think my problem my be that i got sp3 before the updates that want to be installed now so they now do not want to install but i'm not quite sure though lol

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

in about a week i will be getting rid of xp on that machine and start to test and play around in some other OSes (mac osx, different linux distros, freebsd, .....)
and then when i find some that i would like to use those will most likely be the ones that i put on it :) and maybe xp will get back on there too sometime lol

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!