The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office 2007 loading Problem

(10 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by xenomex
  • Latest reply from xenomex
  • Topic Viewed 5706 times

xenomex

Hi, when i first bought my Windows vista Machine i installed microsoft office 2003 on it, and when MS office 2007 came out, i installed that ontop of the old copy i think, and thats when the problem started, but before giving up, i uninstalled microsoft office 2003,

The problem was, whenever i open up anything in microsoft office, Word 2007 for example, it takes a long time to come up, and the "Windows is installing Microsoft office " comes up, then the MS office install page:

My family needs office more than me, and i don't use it, and they have also been waiting for me to fix it, so please help me!
All help Appreciated!

Posted 6 years ago

xenomex

PLEASE HELP!

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

Have you tried the 'Diagnostics' option from 'Help' ?

Posted 6 years ago

whs

I would first uninstall all the office components. If you have problems, check this out. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/EN-US/ Then I would make a clean reinstall. It looks like something went wrong with the previous installation.

Posted 6 years ago

nguyendinhdoan

Try to uninstall both 2003 & 2007 and then install again 2007 +_+

Posted 6 years ago

xenomex

@nguyendinhdoan,
That was the first thing, but it didn't work, have you got any other soloutions?

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Maybe you made a mistake in the installation process. Check this out (advance with "Next slide" on top).
http://reviews.cnet.com/4326-3672_7-6559260-1.html --- you should also check whether you have registered the product properly.

Posted 6 years ago

xenomex

I just uninstalled and installed again, but this time there is only one difference..it loads up way faster..but i am still determined to fix it!

Posted 6 years ago

whs

Hmm, I have uninstalled (Office 2007 trial versions) and reinstalled from the installation disk a few times. But I have never encountered this problem. I constant repeat of the program configuration is odd. I never had an Office 2003 though. So I don't know what to say. Maybe someone else has seen this before and knows how to deal with it.

Posted 6 years ago

xenomex

Yeah..but thanks for your help.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.