How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

(Solved) - Microsoft Excel

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by davasva
  • Latest reply from davasva
  • Topic Viewed 609 times

davasva

Hello!

I have windows 7 Home Premium and am trying to work with the Excel that came with Windows Microsoft Works version 9 that came with it.

I've created an Excel document from tab A1 to 11:T16384( which should be only 11 columns with 30 rows). It looks OK when I hit print review;but,when I begin to print my creation, My printer always manages to print out 10-12 unwanted excel tab pages of pages I do not want.

I've do the Ctrl End bit, highlighting these pages before tapping on cut or delete columns and delete rows-these do not take.

I've pulled up this web site http://www.exceldigest.com/myb.....worksheet/ which shows mewhat to do in the 'sheet' tab. I do not have a sheet tab in my version of Microsoft works.

When I hit Page set up al I have are margin tabs(which are set) Source, Size and Orientation and Other Options (where my starting page is set to 1 and print grid and print rows and column headers are checked.

What am I doing wrong? My printer always chooses to print out pages of the end lists that I don't need!

Please help!

Posted 1 year ago

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A1:K30 would be 11 columns by 30 rows. The way to get your deletes to "stick" is to save the document after you perform the deletes, then exit Excel and then go back in and open the document back up. If this does not resolve the issue, post back.

Posted 1 year ago

davasva

Ok, I understand A1:K30 but, where do I input this since I don't have a sheet tab on page set up?

Posted 1 year ago

davasva

And, how will I know if all has been deleted? I keep hitting cntrl end, then page down to the end of the columns and to the end of my rows and, then right clicking delete column, followed by delete rows and, I still get print out of all after A1:K30 . My HP Photosmart 5520 start the printing from the end and not the beginning.

Posted 1 year ago

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After deleting the columns and rows you don't want to print, are you saving the file and exiting Spreadsheet? Afterward load Spreadsheet, open the file and from the menu select "Clear Print Area". Check out this link http://books.google.com/books?.....CFMQ6AEwBQ to see how to set and clear Print Area in Microsoft Works Spreadsheet.

Posted 1 year ago

davasva

Thank you so much for your help--There just too many columns and rows to delete and,I am wating too much paper and ink. I think I'll wait until I get the latest software that has the speed tab and a Microsoft WorksID. Go ahead and close out this report

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!