How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Microsoft called !

(10 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by bubbatie1
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 401 times

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

Microsoft called & said my computer was sending a high amount of "error" reports i had a spyware infection & many viruses to them. My reply was "oh" hmmmmm (thanks to htg i knew right away what was up) ! :P
I replied hmmmmmmmm must be fromm all the torrents & pirated software i download ,not to mention the adult sites ive been visiting !
well sir she says .... do you have a credit card? because for ONLY 99.95 we can fix your computer right here right now ! amazing hugh ?
i said but but i has no credit card :( & furthermore IM NOT FALLING FOR YOUR LAME ARSED SCAM !

She said scam ???? hahahahaha then hung up on me :( . i immedately called the number back to see if i could do this to her (pretend to be microsoft)
but to my dismay it was disconnected :P

Amazing these people are still trying to scam ppl by pretending to be "microsoft" as we all no microsoft would never call anyone.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

But still many, many people will fall for it.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Mike, we have had and still the same in the UK.

I ask how you get my number, reply is because you registered. Nope, but if I did, I'd never supply a phone number.

I also have said that the problem, if I did have one, was because MS did not fulfill their security responsibilities and that to call me at home 3am is just not on and how come I have to cough up more dough on a problem I never created in the first place.

Ask the man in India to give a call back number to verify that the caller is MS and the line goes dead....odd!

DC and CC safely ensconced in wallet

And the funny thing is, they never call when you have a real ******* problem

Mike

Posted 1 year ago

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

rofl so true ! but it was ONLY $99.95 (US DOLLARS) . What a bargin !

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

ONLY $99.95, ah the spring sale, go for it...much cheap half plenty plice, Renminbi =

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

They must have called on a good day.

Posted 1 year ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Funny you mention it, I had one the other day. Pity I was busy at the time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvn6mCzRRpU&list=UUVkPCrvjgRe-_qwjXmc7zNw&index=2

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

I do hope that was genuine, cos the callee was so good.

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

Hope I get one of those calls...I have plenty of viruses! :P

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

You should have gotten inoculated:)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.