hatryst

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21468116

Watch the video...

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

Watching images and the toll of injuries, awful

Posted 1 year ago

bubbatie1

Seen that on the news this morning. seems the sonic boom blew out alot of windows . I hear there is one passing the earth but this is an asteroid 17,000 miles away ! FREAKY

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz

That was awesome! But scary! LOL

I think I was focusing on this too much because I had a nightmare last night about a meteor hitting earth! But of coarse I woke up before I died.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

Hundreds of meteors strike the earth every day. But mostly in the oceans and unoccupied regions.
Saw a brilliant one once.

Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky

I saw one traverse all the way across the sky. I could see the flames around the boulder making a tail behind it. Having an idea how fast an aircraft goes across the sky this thing must have been going over 50 000mph! I was looking into the surface of a still lake at the time, acting like a mirror, so it caught my eye.

The meteor in Russia weighed 10 short tonnes and was doing 47 000mph. The heat caused by the friction with our atmosphere caused the water and gasses in it to to superheat and explode with the force of 30 Hiroshima bombs apparently.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike

Scientists have found the first pieces of space rock that hurtled to Earth last week and exploded over a Russian city, kickstarting a 'gold rush' that could see each fragment fetch £6,500.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse

I can remember when pet rocks were all the rage.

Posted 1 year ago

ProstheticHead

Just a small reminder that we are all living on borrowed time.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.