The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

messed up my windows 7 acer w500

(16 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by pdfh7334
  • Latest reply from pdfh7334
  • Topic Viewed 813 times

pdfh7334

ok, so i messed up my acer w500 when i tryed to load android 86x . i must have installed it on the wrong drive through the thumb stick.
now when i try to boot back to windows i get "bootmgr is missing hit ctrl-alt-del to restart". i have also tried to factory restore the comp with the disks that where provided with the acer w500. but when it tries to load the disk and start it says something to the effect of " there is not enough memeory in the tempory folders or files to proceed" , or something to that effect. when i click ok it ejects the cd and tries to boot normally , then goes to the bootmgr is missing text . please if anyone has any ideas i will be greatfull. please , i am not that tech savy when it comes to computers, if any ideas are given then please be step by step. thank you.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

pdfh7334 hi. Do you have have data you need to keep ?

Posted 1 year ago

pdfh7334

no i do not

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Reinstall W7.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Be sure to format the disk during the process.

Posted 1 year ago

pdfh7334

isnt that the same as useing the disks that came with the acer w500 to reset to factory ? if it is ten it doesnt work , like previously stated , it starts to load the disk then says there isnt enough memory in the temp files then ejects the cd. if your meaning it in another way then what do you mean and how? thank you for replies by the way

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Grab a clean disk from here,
http://www.askvg.com/direct-do.....nd-64-bit/
Must be same version as to what you have.
Burn it to DVD with,
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....h-imgburn/
At the slowest speed.

Posted 1 year ago

pdfh7334

ok thanks i will try this, but what is the difference between this and the recovery disk?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Well it sounds like your recovery disk is corrupted...

Posted 1 year ago

pdfh7334

ive used it before maybe about 3 days before i decided to mess up the comp with android 86x. but i will try this anyway. thanks
could the problem be that when i copied the android 86x on the comp i put it on the wrong drive to boot like the main drive "c" thats why its not booting and why it dont have enough memory to boot anything? hope you understand that, cause i just had to reread this 3 times so i could understand it. lol

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Could very well be, but I have never tried installing Android in any form.

Posted 1 year ago

pdfh7334

if this doesnt work then is there a way to lean or empty the "c" drive without be able to access windows. like through dos or something?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Format before you install.

Posted 1 year ago

pdfh7334

what do you mean format before i install?

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

When you boot from the DVD, Click on Repair, and select Format C before you install.

Posted 1 year ago

pdfh7334

did not work , it is the same as before.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!