How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Menus not Disappearing after Delay Time

(5 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by David
  • Latest reply from David
  • Topic Viewed 1159 times

David
David

When I open a menu and sub menus from either start or the taskbar they do not disappear when I move the pointer off of them.I have to click somewhere on the desktop to make them disappear or open a topic.Should the menu(s)not disappear in the default setting of 400 (4 seconds)? This is in the Registry (Desktop).Look for Menu show display. some people tweak this to 1 or 2 seconds if they're fast with a mouse.I guess every second adds up for speed.How can I repair this to what it was?

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

I think that's the normal behavior... I just tested this on my machine, and the start menu stays open until I click on something else.

This is a test machine, fresh install.

Posted 7 years ago

David
David

I do not think you understand what I mean. It's not the start menu itself, It's when I pick a app from the right side in start menu, say Favorites to expand out the lists and sub lists that do not disappear when I move the pointer off them. It also does the same in Taskbar (Toolbars). This is Vista I am using, not XP if it makes a different? Does this expland it better?

Posted 7 years ago

Scott
Scott

Normal behavior. Checked on toolbars, they will not minimize when hovered off. Does this help you?

Posted 7 years ago

David
David

Scott, If you do hover and move your pointer off the menu list to the desktop does yours minimize on their own. Because mine do not, they stay there until I click on the menu somewhere or the desk top to make them minimize.I was told that's what the delay time is for.If the Menu Show Display value is set for 4 seconds, then they will minimize on their own in that time.I'm sure mine used to .

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.