The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Maxthon vs Mozilla

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Deney
  • Latest reply from quahog
  • Topic Viewed 1082 times

Deney

There aren't many screenshots of Maxthon up on the internet, and this thread is probably not going to end in a clear decision but anyway..

I've been a Mozilla user for a while (before version 1) so I am quite familiar with it, but recently I've heard of Maxthon receiving more attention, Im just wondering if peopel can shed their opinions on them both. I even know a few regulars to Geek use Opera, what makes you choose Opera? I'm just trying to find out other people's opinions on different browsers. Please don't post "Mozilla is the best" posts haha, I've seen them enough ALL around forums haha.

Thanks =).

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

I am an Opera user. Reasons I choose it are:
1. It's easy to use with an intuitive interface
2. It's very fast
3. Has everything I need built in - I don't have to upgrade it with plug-ins or add-ons which I hate to do
4. They have a very friendly Forum - so in case of questions I know where to go
I also use the IE which I find OK. Firefox I have used for a while, but did not like it.

Posted 5 years ago

quahog
quahog

Personaly, I like firefox just because I can customize it farely easily, also, its easy to use once you figure out how to actualy use it.

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

well i do like opera because it is really fast and the speed dial thing or whatever it's called i like it.

but i do like how firefox (main browser) you can customize it how you please and add on some sweet add ons.

but i think that if you aren't going to be customizing anything or really any thing special or just don't care any browser will work fine and they are all pretty close to the same just some minor differences.

just my input :)

Posted 5 years ago

Deney

The more I delve into it, it just seems liek all browsers are so similar, and the differences can be equaled by installing plugins.

Thank you for your opinions, I may test drive Opera for a week or so =).

Posted 5 years ago

quahog
quahog

I think Im gona download the new version of Opera also, just to try it out and give it a whirl, who knows, I might actualy like it and use it as my main browser.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!