How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Marks100

(83 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by vistamike
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 10485 times

vistamike
vistamike

As many of you may know Mark has not been too well recently and we have seen less of him on the forum over a period of time.
Mark suffered a series of strokes some years ago and suffered heart / breathing problems just after.
Treatment and medication caused a renal failure and was on dialysis for some time until a transplant could be found. The transplant initially was successful and he was allowed home after hospitalisation.

Mark managed the difficulties with great fortitude and we were blessed with his insight and 'eccentric' input on HTG.

Unfortunately, the transplant started to reject and he is now back in hospital. He is undergoing plasma replacement therapy at the moment and is on continual dialysis to keep his system clean. I did recommend SAS and Mbam for daily scans! The free versions.

I have spoken with Mark yesterday and today; he is a bit disorientated so details are a bit disjointed at the moment. I will update on tomorrows call.

He wishes all on HTG well, but significally thanks all the staff at Derriford Hospital, Plymouth who have made his 'enforced' stay so bearable.

Any messages you wish to send him, let me know.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Hope he gets well soon. Prayers with you Mark, hope you get blessed with health and return home... Best wishes...

Quote: "I did recommend SAS and Mbam for daily scans! The free versions." <--- :D

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

@Mike, Please pass on my best wishes and hope for a quick and complete recovery to Mark. Let him know If the free versions for scans are not enough I will gladly chip in for the full versions.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

Joe, he is happy to 'chip' in lol. what's the pin?
I'm burning the recovery disk now.......

Posted 2 years ago

vistual
vistual

please give him a holler from me too....
that i say hi and to hurry up in his recovery

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Best wishes and a Will of Good Health to Mark, hope you're back fighting fit soon.

And as for SAS, they have problems at the mo, I would go for a Recovery disc and Reboot.

Or a Re-image...to about 20yrs ago.

Posted 2 years ago

Ted16
Ted16

Mike as above also send on my best wishes as well. Hope every thing goes well.

Ted

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Mark, just get your arse in gear, and get home. Then I can phone you.

Posted 2 years ago

Scott
Scott

Marks, get well soon, Spencer can't get on without you !

Posted 2 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Wishing you a speedy recovery Mark.

Posted 2 years ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

I too would like to wish you a speedy recovery, Marks100.

Jim

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Mike,

Please tell Mark that Rick P. thanks him for his many kind Snail Mail cards and letters over the years and wishes him to never, never give up but to keep fighting on and on to a complete recovery as soon as possible because Both Rick and Mary Ann love and miss their Good Friend Mark from across the pond.

Posted 2 years ago

bubbatie1
bubbatie1

I too wish mark a speedy recovery.get well soon bud your wit & humor is missed !

Posted 2 years ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Oh Dear Mark, so sorry to read Mikes post,wish you a speedy recovery,and Derriford, is the tops when it comes Heart and Cardiac ( as many of you know, it was only down to all our NHS services here in South West and Critical care at Derriford) that I have Hubby with me...and as Grandson says " Grandad it's as though it never happened"

So Lots of good vibes Prayers etc winging their way to you, it's a long uncomfortable journey, but hang in there and hurry back ,we miss your postings.
Also to all the family, who suffer the daily toll as well as having to keep the home front ticking over.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

UPDATE,

Spoke again this morning and he sounded much perkier than yesterday. I then realised he was surrounded by a group of lusty nurses.
He was just coming off his daily dialysis and hopes to be up later.
As Kate said above, he is in good hands (the nurses?).
He thanks everybody for their kind comments.
He may be able to access the ward PC and log into HTG later and 'hijack' this thread lol. Let's hope so.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Like Kate says - so sorry to read Mike's post and wish Mark a speedy recovery.
Wish him my very very best! Hang in there, Mark!
And go get those nurses ;)

Posted 2 years ago

Scott
Scott

Mark, see how well this goes over...

Posted 2 years ago

marks100
marks100

hi all so mmany to to type useig this keypad thanks for all you well wish.s ,im feeling better well in body lol,thanks to mike for posting, im still fighting on. hospitol food,...yum !;).l
mark.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

The NHS can be pretty severe at times

Mark, take it, dependent on position, with humour

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

mmarkk, I justtt knwww youd Hijack yu buggger! Hey great to see yer mate, get out of that bed and walk. Askkk nursie for knew keebord. LOL
Nothing wrong with your spelling WTB

Laters

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.