Strange things happening:
1. Taskbar changed appearance - from little icons to things that look like tabs with icons on them and the titles of things. Also, the address window that used to be on the taskbar disappeared.
2. A file that I specifically made to keep certain pictures all together, changed by itself into many files totally renamed into files named pics (1), Pics (2), etc., which means nothing to me because I don't know what is in them until I open them and look. Why did that happen?
3. Sometimes the icons on the desktop do not appear when I start up my computer. To get my desktop icons, I have to go to the search window and type in "desktop." Then a window opens with all the desktop stuff on it. Then at some point they get back on the desktop again until the next time I start up my computer.
4. I can't seem to keep icons on the desktop or on the taskbar. They keep going away, and I have to go to the start menu or the search window to get them, but they won't stay where I put them.
5. When I click on the "E," instead of opening up IE like it used to, a sign comes up that says, "Open File - Security Warning." It asks me if I want to open it. Name: F:/Desktop/Internte Explorer.Ink. Unknown Publisher. At the bottom it tells me it might be harmful to my computer. Since I know it is Internet Explorer, I open it and it opens like it used to without this warning sign. What is going on?
6. Many other weird things are happening, too, which I can't remember at the moment; there are just so many. All these little changes from normal are very irritating and time consuming. How can I make things stay the way they should be?
I wish you guys made housecalls!
I have a feeling you're going to say I have a virus; but why, when I have all this stuff below supposedly working to prevent that:
Norton free from Comcast; SpeedMaxPC; Malwarebytes; and SuperAntiSpyware, and I run them all the time. Why am I having all these problems???? How much more protection do I need from these morons who have nothing better to do than bother innocent people?
Sorry to dump so much stuff on you, but this is exactly what is happening, and I think it must be all related somehow.