SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Site Suggestions

Making (solved) subjects easier to find!!

(5 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by madmacs
  • Latest reply from madmacs
  • Topic Viewed 1549 times

madmacs
madmacs

I´m not sure how bbpress works and if this is at all possible. If so, why not have a section for solved threads that are subcategorized, i.e. browser problems, security software problems, O/S problems, hardware problems and so on. It would be great for users to be able to click on such threads to see if their problem had already been solved, before asking questions that have already come up many a time before!! Cheers Matt

Posted 5 years ago

LH
LH

Eek. Yes. But the best way (at the moment, I found is), to enter the problem followed by "solved" and "geek" into Google search.
no "quotes" obviously.

Posted 5 years ago

madmacs
madmacs

Eek, lol. I know the topics can be found LH, but not everyone that comes here would use the google search first!! I know it would probably be a hell of a lot of work (at the beginning!!) but it would make everything more user "friendly" afterwards!!

PS I´d help, lol

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Actually that's something we've been working on... I've built a new view that shows only the solved threads, but it's just not ready yet.

Posted 5 years ago

madmacs
madmacs

Good to know Geek, so my idea wasn´t that bad then, lol!! I bet it was/is a fair bit of work though!!

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!